Saving Files On Laptop

uremodel2014

I have a dell precision that I've been using for 4 years. Its been a great laptop. I use it out in the field for measure and then come home to the real workhorse PC. Lately, I cant save a file on the laptop. I try to save to a plan file in my documents and it wont save. I try to save to a flash drive....Wont save. Last night I had 3 simple baths in a house to measure and I has to create 3 different plans, of which only one saved as a auto bak File. Could this be a setting I messed up in chief? Or is the laptop on its last legs? I actually ended up trying to Backup entire plan on a flash drive and save it that way. Only 1 of the 3 did that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I've been lurking here for years and cant thank this group enough.

Mike

Mike:

I doubt if it is a setting in Chief

I doubt if it is a full HD since it won't save to flash drive either

not really sure what the issue is

you can try CA's tech support for guidance

but you may need to consult a PC tech shop ???

we can make all kinds of guesses here but ???

Lew

Hard drive is a little over half full. That could have made sense. Thanks for the thought though Dennis.

Thanks anyway Lew. I thought someone here may have encountered the problem before and if so, maybe the resolution would help in the future.

Mike

check your Preferences>General>New Plans >Open and Save As   setting    if it is set to Use Last Folder , and you tried to save to a network or ext. HD that isn't there anymore maybe it wont? gets confused?,   it may not be actually trying to save in My documents .....you can reset that in the same window with the "use this folder checkbox" too

worth a look anyway.

M.