Framing Issues, Floor & Roof Truss will not build or extend

ACADuser

For the floor trusses, just force truss rebuild and then extend them.  It looks like one way or another those particular trusses were lowered after the initial build...either that or your room structure settings were changed.  The reason the wouldn't extend was that the lower cords were hitting the framing layer of the walls below. 

The area below was a Balcony but owner did away with it. I just tried to add a ceiling plane about the height of the soffit & cut to the shape of the roof planes but about 1.5" inside the roof planes (0 pitch)

But no luck. Also tried to grab the 3 roof planes & auto build but result was not correct.

I'll try a room with room divider walls & open to below next.

Not sure I would consider that a bug.  I think you're just trying to place a perhaps unreasonably small truss. It looks like you can get to about 16" from the exterior wall but anything closer than that is simply too small.  Not saying the limitation should exist in Chief, but in all reality I don't recall having ever placed a hip jack any closer than 24" from the exterior corner.

9 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

OK the Room below with "Open Below" room type made the trusses buildable.

This is from the truss manufacture, They have no problem building the small trusses. :)

CA Trusses.JPG

Not sure what your problem was with the ceiling plane solution.  It worked for me.  I just built it to your baseline though and not all the way out. 

Trusses.jpg

With regard to the little trusses....They'll build them but IMO they are completely useless and a waste of money.  Just sayin'.