Well, Crap... Probably should not have upgraded...

contractcad

in the middle of an important project.

I don't know if it's actually from me upgrading (or how I upgraded) to Retail X9 or I inadvertently did something else screwy but I'm in the middle of a large time sensitive job and I just noticed this morning that I've lost my main floor (slab on grade that now just has grass terrain on the inside). Seems to have shifted doors, changed doors on main floor.  Also can't highlight or open the main floor to attempt to fix.  I was working with said plan in Beta X9 I either didn't have or didn't notice this problem.

Also seems odd that if it is that somehow the floor elevation was changed it doesn't seem that it's effected the second floor.

Is this something I should be asking in the Online Support Forum?  Hate to have to redo this project over again from scratch.

Did as you said.

Opened an older archive version a couple days old. Opened as was fine, started to make some changes and it reverted back to the same problem.

I've isolated it to having the program delete the 1st floor when I attempt to delete a window on the exterior wall.  Very bazar.

Tried it with a couple different windows with the same effect.

Depending on how far you are, there should have been an X8 archive created.  You could go back to X8 and open that file finish it in X8.  You just need to remember to open it in X8 each time, I think it will give you a notice of an update, but that could be wrong.  Just giving options.  Good luck.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but had to take care of some things.  I've attached the plan to see if someone can figure out what is going on.  I'm wondering if the file is somehow corrupted.

It appears that it's only involving the right exterior wall on the 1st floor.  If I try to delete a window the 1st floor slab in the main area disappears and it also happened when I tried to add interior firing to that same wall.

It's got me scratching my head...

17_0104_SLH_OI.plan

Yep, chopped up. Are you saying that they may be misaligned also???  I didn't have a problem with it until installing X9 Premier.

If I understand what your talking about when you say "chopped up"  I did have to get creative when making several spandrel windows. Got to keep them that way, unless there is a better way for creating them.

I did revisit my 1st and 2nd floor walls on the east side and noted that I had the 2ND floor wall was mis-aligned E to W by 2 inches in relation to the 1st floor wall. But still not my problem with the losing my 1st floor slab when deleting features. Still not figuring this out.

3 hours ago, contractcad said:

I did revisit my 1st and 2nd floor walls on the east side and noted that I had the 2ND floor wall was mis-aligned E to W by 2 inches in relation to the 1st floor wall. But still not my problem with the losing my 1st floor slab when deleting features. Still not figuring this out.

Send me a PM when you get a chance, lets hop on a remote viewing session and I'll get you headed the right direction

• Upvote 1