Thanks, they have some stuff I can use. 

Next question, is there a tutorial on how to edit symbols? 

Food truck requires the use of vertical space, in my design I'm using a combination of refrigerated and warmer drawers as a base and putting the steam table on top of them.  This requires me to cut off the legs of the steam table  and remove the lower shelf leaving just the heating unit sitting on top of the drawers.

for Sketchup  files usually better opening them in the free version of SU and editing them their. 

THey are a bunch of parts there whereas when imported into chief they become one item.

Often the parts in SU need to be exploded to reduce them to smaller sections or parts. 

You can also make parts in Chief using polyline solids.

Thanks, I'll try that.  So in theory, I could open the original model, explode it, delete the leg, save it, then have what I want?  Am I following correctly?

Thanks for the help, I'm a systems engineer, 30 yrs in the business but this is my first attempt at a Graphics type program, and I'm really feeling like a Noob.

If you ever have a computer or network question, feel free to ask.

I've found it good practice when importing SU symbols to use "advanced options", rename all the materials and to replace them with something already in my library or plan. Avoids headaches later.

Read up in the reference manual about stretch plans/zones and origins if you have to play with symbols.

A lot of symbols can be made from cabinets. If they are not sufficient then polyline solids and molding lines can be combined but both have a few quirks.

Attached was done with a cabinet and the first sink I got hold of, a custom countertop which was moved and opened to specify the thickness to a dimension instead of take from cabinet, then one sink was inserted, then copied (placing more sinks won't work but copy and paste will). Once done can be saved to library.

File attached to give you an idea.

steam table.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...