Wall framing not displaying in Ray Trace

Rich_Winsor

Is anybody else experiencing this in X9?

>Draw a simple floor plan.

>Build the roof and framing.

>Take a Perspective Framing Overview.

>Run a quick Ray Trace with default settings.

The wall framing will not display in the Ray Trace.

I just performed the exact same operations in X8

and everything displays just fine in the Ray Trace.

Image1.png

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Chopsaw,  is it possible you have your framing layers set to be using either white or the invisible line style in that particular layer set?

Michael,  Solid Black line style, line weight 25, 3D Framing Set.

This raytrace problem  may be related to the size of the structure as I am not sure that Michaels shed compares to what Rich and I are doing. I just raytrace a 100 sq. ft. shed's stud framing without issue and also not that it is directly related I was able to send smaller images to layout in the tech ill style as plot lines without issue.

If Rich and I are getting the same results then it cant be the classic NVIDEA vs. AMD issue although it could be a 2 GB limitation but I don't see that as valid issue here because Rich does great ray tracing all the time.

Could someone pull out a file that is a little larger and more complete framing system and give it a raytrace in standard view?

Rich, Brian is aware of the issue and it seems that you need to have "Framing, Wall " turned on in the layer that you generate the camera view from.  Also may not work with 2 3D views open unless they are both displaying framing.

There's definitely some  funny things going on with framing layers in general.    I haven't had the spare time or energy to write up anything useful for tech-support yet but I have wall framing turning itself on all the time  in layer sets that I'm not even working in.   It seems to be triggered by opening a wall or truss detail