CA X9 19.1.0.47 - Maybe I missed something...

contractcad

Ok, I downloaded the initial Retail Release of X9 the other day to install, glanced at, skimmed the release notes and attempted the upgrade.  I erroneously thought that the installation would either recognize and uninstall either the Beta X9 (which I have migrated to and is my primary version I've been using) I have on my system or Install over the retail release of X8 I have on my system. Nope both previous releases are still active and although the retail release of X9 said it was installed correctly it is nowhere to be found.

I have again glanced at, skimmed the release and installation notes (as much as my short attention span will allow) and have not found out what I'm doing wrong.  Maybe just completely uninstall X8 and the X9 Beta and do a fresh install of the X9 retail??? I don't have much in the way of anything custom to migrate except maybe my recent files list and I think I have to re-install the extra library catalogs anyways so I guess it's not a big deal.

I don't think my Beta did get replaced.  When I click on my X9 Icon the build is still the 19.0.3.50 Beta version I had originally. And it still is popping up with a flag saying "There is a new version available, would you like to download?"

Maybe when I originally clicked on Run after it downloaded, all it did was unpack.  I'll go check to see if I can find a folder for it that has a "Install" executable or just redo the download and try and pay a little more attention to what's going on.

33 minutes ago, contractcad said:

I don't think my Beta did get replaced.  When I click on my X9 Icon the build is still the 19.0.3.50 Beta version I had originally. And it still is popping up with a flag saying "There is a new version available, would you like to download?"

Did you get the reminder to activate your official product key before Wed of last week? If not the new version may not have overwritten it and if you did not have the official product key for the new download it may not be accessible for you to use.  Strange though that you still have access to 19.0.3.50 which means that you must have the official product keys.  There is the option to migrate library's in X9.

I did go the process again and re-downloaded and re-installed.  Appears to have worked this  time.  I'm pretty sure when I installed the Beta a month or so back I updated my product key at that time.  The product key appears to be correct because it matches the first 4 digits shown on program start-up and I still have access.

It did overwrite the X9 Beta but left my X8 untouched.  So after all was said and done Installing the new X9 I went into programs and features and deleted my X8, probably a bass ackwords way of doing it.

When I did re-start X9 the second time it asked me if I wanted to associate files and features to the new program... didn't ask me that the first time I started it which I thought was because I had already done that to the X9 Beta install a couple weeks back.

Well, it hasn't crashed yet.  If it gives me problems I'll just re-install.

Thanks

deleted my X8, probably a bass ackwords way of doing it.

deleting prior versions is up to you

my partner and I used to keep all the prior versions since we provided assistance to other Chiefers

who may not have the current version

after awhile we kept only 2 prior versions

David Potter has all versions back to 9.5 and maybe even earlier

plus all of the HD versions back that far too

Lew