Flip Plan, but what about text

dshall

I am going to flip a  plan.  I believe  Glenn believes in the T/R method or the REFLECT ABOUT method.

I think both methods work.  

IOW  DO NOT ROTATE PLAN

Here is the question.  The text gets flipped.  How do I select all text a flip about each one in lieu of flipping all around the "body" 

See picScreen Shot 2017-02-19 at 1.35.25 AM.png

BTW,  I do not know how I did this.....  I flipped the plan vertically....  and this is what is interesting.....  see pic,  the section cut lines are pointing down to bottom of page,  but the original before flip plan ,  the section cuts were pointing up.  How did I do this?  I do not know.

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 1.59.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 2.05.13 AM.png

Scott,

Once you have used Reflect About Object to reflect the plan, including the text, you can rotate each text block about itself (rather than about the center of all the selected text boxes) by selecting all the text boxes, opening the dbx and changing the Angle (probably to 180 deg).

When you select multiple text boxes, it looks like they flip about the top center of each text box

So, you may still need to adjust the location of the text boxes as they will probably not flip to the exact location you want.

I just reflect about of a townhouse and everything seemed to go okay... except for the electrical.  I group erased all the screwed up electrical in the new unit and reflect about the electrical seperately... seemed to work okay that time.

Is this normal?

3 minutes ago, parkwest said:

I just reflect about of a townhouse and everything seemed to go okay... except for the electrical.  I group erased all the screwed up electrical in the new unit and reflect about the electrical seperately... seemed to work okay that time.

Is this normal?

There was a major bug with reflecting electrical in X9 beta.  It was reported as fixed with the public release but I haven't tested it yet.  Did you already download the latest release?  

On 2/19/2017 at 3:59 PM, glennw said:

Scott,

Once you have used Reflect About Object to reflect the plan, including the text, you can rotate each text block about itself (rather than about the center of all the selected text boxes) by selecting all the text boxes, opening the dbx and changing the Angle (probably to 180 deg).

When you select multiple text boxes, it looks like they flip about the top center of each text box

So, you may still need to adjust the location of the text boxes as they will probably not flip to the exact location you want.

Thanks Glenn,  easy peasy...  and you are correct,  once rotated I do need to relocate all text blocks in the vertical direction.....  

So I am flipping my first house.  It is not easy peasy.  The text does not flip correctly,  electrical does not flip correctly,  and there are other minor issues.  I would report this,  but from what I have gathered, it has been reported by others.

I suppose it is quicker than starting over,  but it still takes work.  

7 hours ago, dshall said:

So I am flipping my first house.  It is not easy peasy.  The text does not flip correctly,  electrical does not flip correctly,  and there are other minor issues.  I would report this,  but from what I have gathered, it has been reported by others.

Might still be worth reporting Scott.  As far as I know, I think Chief thought they fixed it with the latest update (at least the issue with electrical items).  I haven't had to flip any plans lately and so I haven't tested but according to Ray and yourself, there are still problems and if so, I think Chief needs to know.