Make up Vanity

Designer1

Hi,

Im trying to make this a special bathroom, its the wifes special request.  She just learned last week she has stage 4 cancer and has a husband and two young kids. The Drs said theres nothing they can do and she has no more then a year left.  Im doing this project at no charge because I wanted to do my part to help the family enjoy the time they have left together. 

Today I met with them and they had a special request for a sit down vanity.  Once I looked at the space I knew they weren't going to fit the vanity unless they gave up one of the two sinks and maybe a bank of drawers.  The customer was saying she saw a fold down vanity that was really neat, one from the wall (im guessing from the description it was like a fold down ironing board style thing like in a laundry room???) another was a fold out and up from the lower drawers.  Ive seen a lot of creative designs but never seen these two described items.  Can anyone recommend anything of the sort and ideas for this?  They do have a long blank wall that could fit a fold down type of vanity for make up application but not really any other space.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad

A vanity doesn't have to be a full 21" deep.  If you have room on the long wall for a shelf, you could fashion a +/-12" deep drawer with countertop. You could do a slide out shelf under the countertop to extend the work surface.  A slide out surface would be preferable to a drop down in my opinion so it wouldn't interfere with the seat.  You could recess a medicine cabinet into the wall (at the right height) to hold supplies.  I think it could be a fun little item and doesn't have to be large, just functional.  Search Pintrest for some ideas.  

Nice, thank you both for the suggestions.  Yes, its a tight space, yet the space thats there is wasted yet can only really be utilized if you switched around some of the plumbing fixtures which wouldnt be worth the cost.  I will pass on these ideas.  I tried to go on houzz but havent looked at pinterest yet, I will do that.  Houzz didnt have anything when I did a search for the vanity.

Thanks again!

The other request was for the full mirror lighting like around the mirror... like Hollywood make up counters of yesteryear.   Now they have mirrors for the sink area where its moved up from the wall a few inches and LED lights are put behind the mirror to make it glow so the light isnt as bright as the huge bulbs surrounding the mirror.  Does anyone know how I might show this in a rendering?  Just a light sources behind the mirror thats pulled from the wall some?