deck rafters

DBearss

We typically don't frame with 2x6 rafters here. Am looking to change these porch rafters to 2x12 and seem to be going around in circles with default dialogs. I have gone into roof defaults and changed all roof size member depth to 11 1/4. It has no affect. Am i missing something. Is there a super default override?Also we want the gables and eaves to be 2x12.

thanks.

capture-20170213-111053.png

capture-20170213-105727.png

The eave sub-fascia controls the depth of the rafters at the eave, just change that setting to what you want. If you are looking for a full depth eave than mak that the same as the rafter size, You might have to raise the roof planes so the rafters do not show below the ceiling line.

Michael,

Actually I am using Premier X8. We downloaded the Home Designer version to see if my wife could use that to work up material lists and pricing once the design is finished in Premier.

Larry thanks for clarifying that process. Should work for me. Now if I could just find where I changed the default to make the framing generate in white. Sheesh.

capture-20170213-121502.png

Michael,

Actually I am using Premier X8. We downloaded the Home Designer version to see if my wife could use that to work up material lists and pricing once the design is finished in Premier.

Larry thanks for clarifying that process. Should work for me. Now if I could just find where I changed the default to make the framing generate in white. Sheesh.

3 minutes ago, DBearss said:

Michael,

Ya,  I deleted that post before you responded.  I was basing that assumption off the fact you didn't have Build/Retain Roof Framing options but then I realized you were in the DEFAULT settings so I changed my advice.  Might be worth taking a look at that again if you haven't already.