Inserting a 2 sided fireplace

capitaldesigns

I am working on a project that has a 2 sided fireplace insert. How do I place it in the corner of a wall. I have seen videos of placing a one sided fireplace in a wall.

In that video the placed a pass through opening in the wall from the windows drop down menu. They then sized the opening to the size of the fireplace insert. How do you

make the corner openings in the walls for the 2 sided corner fireplace ?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Eric,

I have attached my plan. The fireplace I am talking about is on the second floor. Another problem has come up. Some of the corner walls on the first floor

keep pulling apart. I have selected the walls and pulled them a couple of inches apart then let them snap back together. That fixed them for awhile. When I

went up to the second floor then back down to the first floor the walls had pulled apart again. Why is this happening and how do I keep it from pulling apart

again ?

Thanks,

Mike

2017-02.plan

A pass through actually does work.  It's just not super intuitive.  You need to first draw the pass through windows and then one by one MOVE them (not resize them) by grabbing the move handle and dragging it to the end of the wall.  When doing so, drag your cursor just past the end of the wall.  You probably won't get any sort of indication that it's working until you let go of your mouse button.  Do the same for both windows and then resize as necessary.

PT.png

Thanks Eric & Michael,

Michael, Inserting two pass-through openings and dragging them just passed the ends of each wall worked out great and was very easy to do. As you said, Not super intuitive.

Eric, Thanks for your help on correcting the disappearing wall corners. I deleted the multiple window panes and it now works fine. How did you know that there was multiple

window panes ? I wonder if this happened when I copied them to the second floor. I copied and pasted them in place, then went to the second floor and pasted them in place. If that was the problem I wonder why not all of the windows I copied to the second floor had the same problem.

Thanks again,

Mike