Shadows in wall corners with renders X9

tommy1

2 minutes ago, kMoquin said:

In General Camera Defaults, enter a lower number for Ambient Occlusion to lessen the effect, or zero to eliminate.

I'll try that too. Turning off "enhanced lighting" definitely fixed it though.

31 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

I'll try that too. Turning off "enhanced lighting" definitely fixed it though.

As I understand it the Enhanced Lighting toggle is simply a video card troubleshooting tool and SHOULD NOT be toggled off under normal circumstances.  The correct way to control that shadow effect is by adjusting your ambient occlusion settings as Kevin suggested.  Turning off Enhanced Lighting is going to have other unwelcome side effects. 

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

As I understand it the Enhanced Lighting toggle is simply a video card troubleshooting tool and SHOULD NOT be toggled off under normal circumstances.  The correct way to control that shadow effect is by adjusting your ambient occlusion settings as Kevin suggested.  Turning off Enhanced Lighting is going to have other unwelcome side effects. 

Yes I think Dermot said this.

5 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Yes I think Dermot said this.

Yep.  Plus, that toggle is located under a subsection called "Troubleshooting".  Here's what it says in the Help file...

The Troubleshooting settings can be used to troubleshoot performance in 3D views.

• When Use Enhanced Lighting is checked, Standard rendered views generate lighting effects that require a video card that supports OpenGL 2.0. Unchecking this box may speed up Standard rendering times somewhat; however, the quality of lighting effects will be reduced. Not available if your video card does not support OpenGL 2.0. See OpenGL and Hardware.

Software Rendered Overlays helps address specific errors that can occur with certain video cards and is checked by default. In some rare instances, this may slow rendering time somewhat. Note that it will become checked automatically if the program encounters certain error conditions.

Command Flushing - Select an option from the drop-down list to control how often the program flushes cached video memory. “Rarely” is selected by default and will produce fastest rendering times on most systems, but “Frequently” may be helpful for older video cards.