The Mark McAniff Cabinet Workshop

dshall

The Mark McAniff Cabinet Workshop is Scheduled for February 17 at 2:00 PM EST and 11:00 AM PST.

I will host on GOTOMEETING, but this will be Mark's Party,  he will be the presenter.   I will send out invites at 1:45EST/10:45 PST on the day of the workshop for those interested.

For you guys who use 2020 and do a lot of kitchens and baths,  this is a great opportunity for you.  Mark has been working on trying to eliminate 2020 and working with CA exclusively.  This meeting will be no longer than 3 hours....  it's Mark's call. 

Mark,  thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us nitwits.  I am looking forward to it.

If you are interested in attending,  please email me your email to dscotthall@macDOTcom,  

PLEASE EMAIL ME.....  PLEASE MAKE THIS PROCESS EASY ON ME,  thank you

ATTENDEES TO DATE:  MARK MCANIFF,  DSHALL,  PERRY H.,  MATT KENNEDY,  JON SCUSSEL,  CHOPSAW,  THE SOLVER,  JON CAFFEE,  DAVID ZAWASKI,  CHARLES VOLZ,  GEORGE BROWN,  FRANCOIS,  RAY ROOD,  BRIAN NEWKIRK,  YVONNE CERDA,  SUSAN CRACRAFT,  SCOTT MENARD,  ROBERT ZEBROWSKI,  JON-A-THANK,  CHRIS ELY,  ALAN LEHMAN,  RICH WINSOR, (22)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jscussel said:

Scott,

Your e-mail address needs a period in it.

I thought most people spelled out the dot......  here is the real email address...    

dscotthall@mac.com

I hope I do not get pummeled with span,  if I do,  I am going after Jon Scussel.....  lock your doors Jon

Look at that -name in lights-getting stage fright :))))

I plan on dealing accurate and complete cabinet schedules.

That entails a combination of : cabinet label macro (I’ve been working on not quite done) combined template, replace and/or drag from library, and drag/drop mods into OIP. Few custom symbols I use for millwork will come up but don’t want to do a symbol workshop. Then getting the schedule info someplace else for use ordering.

For the many of you that don’t have to deal with ordering kitchens but do end up sending work on to kitchen folks I can show orders, catalogs etc..so you know what we deal with. It may help with communication making it easier to get what you need (and maybe things you didn’t know you could have :)

Will also go over what I do for kitchen dimensions using annosets instead of automatic or NKBA

I’d guess a few odd things I keep hanging around will come up.

Love to hear what other folks are doing or want to cover.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, dshall said:

I thought most people spelled out the dot......  here is the real email address...    

dscotthall@mac.com

I hope I do not get pummeled with span,  if I do,  I am going after Jon Scussel.....  lock your doors Jon

Scott, you've NEVER eaten BBQ Spam? wow have you missed a delight!!

Mark,

For my own knowledge.....As one who has several business interest and using a multitude of software.....Are you guys using Chief to produce layouts/3D views only? Most people that I know are trying to use 2020 for manufacturing cabinets/closet components etc.? (CNC ready files,  nesting etc.) What I see in the cabinet industry is the need for easy to use full capability manufacturing software....... not just layouts/3D views.  I'd be interested in knowing what you are doing...... .Programs like Mojaik, Cabinet Vision, KCD and others are still the solution for most cabinet companies unless I'm missing something.....The market tells you this..... as far as volume of clients....

I would like to know...... not trying to fuss or argue just interested for my own knowledge as we have a business where we use CNC's and manufacture componets etc.

I use Chief for design, 3d Views, generating order listing, and details as necessary. I stopped building cabinets 20 years ago (no CNC). So I don't need to generate cut lists.

Two of the makers I work with use CabinetVision. I send in PDF's which simply guarantees I get what I'm supposed to and makes everybody's life simpler. They don't really need DWG.

I also deal with a semi custom outfit that allows fairly heavy modification. They actually look at drawings sent in so again it simplifies things.

All I am interested in is making accurate dimensioned drawings (easily) and accompanying schedules that match what the makers want to see for nomenclature so I get what I want. X9 has made the schedule part easier. Partial sample attached (was done in X8)

Sample.pdf

Just a  reminder that I will send out invites for MARK'S WORKSHOP at 10:45 am PST,  or 1:45 pm EST tomorrow  (Friday Feb.,  17th)

I respect everybody's time,  so we will start promptly on the hour.

If you want to attend and your name is not listed in POST #1,  send me an email and I will put you on the list.  

If you  want to attend please email me.

On 2/7/2017 at 10:33 AM, dshall said:

The Mark McAniff Cabinet Workshop is Scheduled for February 17 at 2:00 PM EST and 11:00 AM PST.

I will host on GOTOMEETING, but this will be Mark's Party,  he will be the presenter.   I will send out invites at 1:45EST/10:45 PST on the day of the workshop for those interested.

For you guys who use 2020 and do a lot of kitchens and baths,  this is a great opportunity for you.  Mark has been working on trying to eliminate 2020 and working with CA exclusively.  This meeting will be no longer than 3 hours....  it's Mark's call. 

Mark,  thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us nitwits.  I am looking forward to it.

If you are interested in attending,  please email me your email to dscotthall@macDOTcom,  

PLEASE EMAIL ME.....  PLEASE MAKE THIS PROCESS EASY ON ME,  thank you

ATTENDEES TO DATE:  MARK MCANIFF,  DSHALL,  PERRY H.,  MATT KENNEDY,  JON SCUSSEL,  CHOPSAW,  THE SOLVER,  JON CAFFEE,  DAVID ZAWASKI,  CHARLES VOLZ,  GEORGE BROWN,  FRANCOIS,  RAY ROOD,  BRIAN NEWKIRK,  YVONNE CERDA,  SUSAN CRACRAFT,  SCOTT MENARD,  ROBERT ZEBROWSKI,  JON-A-THANK,  CHRIS ELY,  ALAN LEHMAN,  RICH WINSOR, (22)

I just sent out invites,  if you did not get one,  please let me know.....  we start on the hour,  thank you

Many thanks to Mark for a great presentation and Scott for hosting this meeting. I will post the recording when it has all uploaded.

Sorry that I missed Scott's introduction as I was sorting out an audio issue that took me a few minutes, but there is still 3 hours of seriously deep cabinet discussion here that you will likely have to watch many times over to understand it all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

.... I will post the recording when it has all uploaded.

Please do.  I busted my hump to get home for the 11:00 start

time and wouldn't you know it, the power in the neighborhood

was off and it didn't come back on until 2:30. 

Thanks to all for being so kind and special thanks to our host, Scott, for keeping things lively :) Did me some good since have been trying to update stuff and that put a fire under my but. 

I received a couple of questions and there were a few loose ends. I posted a zip file with a plan and layout, a bit rough around the edges but  that might be worth digging through, a forensic investigation. It's in the tips and techniques section here.