Stacked windows - plan view

SNestor

There are (3) transom windows in this wall mounted above windows and doors.  See the attached pictures.  

I really don't want to see the transom windows in my plan view...is there a way to turn these off?  I put them on a unique layer...and turned the layer off...but the jambs still appear and the wall "fill" is still gone.  

Stacked Windows in Walls 1.png

Stacked Windows - ELEV.png

Steve,  I am not sure if this will work for your situation or not but you could try moving the transom windows to the second story and then just bring them back down into position with an absolute elevation.  You might need a wall above with invisible materials.

11 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

put the upper windows on level 1 in the window DBX, the label will still show but the window gets grayed out.

Perry, thanks for the info.  That is exactly what I did.  

I was really hoping that there was a way to completely hide the transom windows in plan view...but I don't think there is.  The wall is tight with doors and windows and when the transoms are also showing...well, they hide the wall "fill".  It just looks messy. 

Steve, Did you understand my suggestion or is there a reason it will not work for you. If you like I could take a look at your plan.  It worked fine in my test plan but I don't know what you have above your windows.  You may even be able to move them two floors up and bring them back with the elevation setting.  It should give you exactly what you want.

6 hours ago, solver said:

Via Chopsaw

SNestor.jpg

Drew wall in attic. Placed transom window in wall. Adjusted Absolute Elevation to move window to lower wall. Selected attic wall and pulled the top down so it's 1" tall. It has to remain visible for the window placed in it to show.

That looks like it could work...thanks