Railing not showing up on Plan

cjanderson66

I am sure this is an easy question but I am having a hard time figuring it out.  As you can see from the screen image, I have a stair that continues up to a landing and at the landing it is showing my newels.  I do not want the newels post showing at the top of the landing only at the bottom and the top of the stairs.  Is there a way to do this?  Also, I want the wall below the stairs to align with the wall above but I want it to be continuously solid to the floor above all the way to the post.  I have tried breaking the wall in a section view but that does not seem to work.  One other thing is that the railing is not showing up on the plan view and yes the railing is on in the plan view.  What am I missing?

Screenshot 2017-02-05 09.52.18.png

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

CJ  If you would like to eliminate the Newel post in the center of the stairs, just increase your Newel spacing until it disappears.  It looks like you are using X9 ?

Thanks Chopsaw, looks like I got the newels taken care of it is just a matter of making that wall go all the way to the ceiling and covering up the post and eliminating the rail from the post on back.

Also the main topic is that the tailing is not showing up on my plan view.  I have the stairs, rails and ramps layer on but somehow the railing on the plan does not show up.

If I am understanding correctly you will want to turn off the auto railing from the stair DBX and draw a short manual rail up to that structural post.  Then you will have to mess with the wall position until it fills in.  I think there is a video on how to wrap the stairs around a wall like that.  I will look for you.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/390/stair-wall-options-partial-railing-wall-under-stairs-stairwell.html?playlist=89

This should allow you to keep the auto rail if you can position the wall correctly. :)

Thank you all for your help in answering my questions.  I have finally made the change that AI was looking for and with some help from http://davidmichaeldesigns.com/ and his never ending list of videos on YouTube.  This one for example was what I was trying to do in the beginning and knew I had seen it somewhere.  Here is his video

interior.jpg