Roof help immediately - looking for tutor to help up my game

mslewis620

1st I need immediate help with a roof. I'm bogged down in a plan and need to finish asap. This project started out as a spec house and it sold before starting construction. Buyers have changed a few things including the addition of an exercise room in the attic space and I have to get creative with the roof to make the stairs work and have enough head room.  City has some serious restrictions that impact my roof options. 

2nd I am transitioning from running my own design/build firm in California where in a year I might work on 3-4 plans to moving to Dallas to work for my family's custom homebuilding business where I'm designing more than one house a month - many are new construction but some are major remodels. I'm also supervising the construction of 5-6 projects at a time which further impacts my ability to devote hours to learning more about CA. 

I've used CA for at least 10 years but I need to almost go back to the beginning and learn some of the things I glossed over. I've just done the minimum to get a permit and then handled all the details on site with no issues. However I'm not building every house I'm designing so I need to provide a complete set of construction drawings. I'm a quick study - I would love to learn how to do things correctly as opposed to just having someone fix them for me.