Importing Manufactures Symbols Online

Chopsaw

Found some great symbols today but the DXF files are all 2D, any suggestions.  Or any way to convert into a format that can be used in Chief?  The Manual is very explicit on this topic, "If you have 3D data in another format, you must convert it into one these formats first. (.dwg, .dxf, .3ds, .obj, .stl, .dae, and .skp)" but not very helpful  as to how one might go about this.  These are the available formats.

Symbol Formatts.JPG

Chop

Is that the export window of an other programe that contains the symbols? I mean the screen shot you posted above. If so, then you have a 2d DXF and DXF only formats, and I think the later can be imported in to chief as a 3d object. 

Not sure I understand your question though.

52 minutes ago, yusuf-333 said:

Is that the export window of an other programe that contains the symbols? I mean the screen shot you posted above. If so, then you have a 2d DXF and DXF only formats, and I think the later can be imported in to chief as a 3d object. 

Yusuf the shot I posted is the option list given on the Manufactures download page of their website.  Yes you are correct that DXF should work for a 3D object but not in this situation.  Unfortunately DWG and DXF files can be 2D or 3D without any differentiation in  the file extension.  I looked at the 3D.PDF with Adobe and it looked great. Only if there was a good way to convert.

I don't have 700 U.S.D. for Sketchup yet but I will try a few more imports from another department to see if something is screwed up.  I was getting a warning about "No 3D faces found in file" so then I imported as Drawing and got a 2d line drawing.

25 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here's one of those symbols imported into SKP, exported to Chief, and then exported to you as a CALIBZ...

This is interesting.  I downloaded your library file and then opened it from explorer and even though I had X9 open already it opened X8 and auto loaded and then when I selected it, got a warning "The selected object could not be loaded. The object may have been written by a later version"  So no problem I will just delete it from my X8 library but NO not a chance, no drag, no right click, just the same warning over and over.