SubZero / Wolf Library Catalog

SusanC

Thank you all for sending a short email to Subzero and please keep them coming, even if you sent one several months ago.  Subzero needs to hear from all of us if this is going to work.  My boss is a great communicator and if he has your emails to refer to he will have a much better chance of moving this project forward when he is at Subzero headquarters next week.

marketingideas@subzero.com

Thanks!

Susan

• Like 1

A portion of what I sent-

I understand there is a movement to attempt to have your catalog made available for use in Chief Architect.
I know, first hand that it is available in 2020. Now 2020 arguably has more users, OTOH I have a hunch that a higher percentage of KD's who use Chief do kitchens that include your products.
In the last 5 years I've done 18 kitchens that specified Wolf/Sub-Zero products. Eleven of those were complete Wolf/Sub packages except for the dishwasher. It may help that my former employer was a Wolf Sub dealer and that I've been to training.

Yes I can get SU models from your website and bring them into Chief, change the material names and definitions and check the symbol origins and stretch zones. Understand that is a bit of work. More so when I readily have available to me in CA full catalogs from Gaggenau, Jenn-Air, Miele, Thermador, and Viking.

Many of us would not bother to go the extra distance to import a symbol if some other option is already available (note that currently in the attached rendering the oven is a Bosch because I had it in my user catalog) (One poster on the forum suggested "just use Viking and change the knobs to red")

I inlcude that those projects were in 4 states (and 5 counties in this one) or that is about double the rate of W/SZ I did when I worked for the outfit that was also a W/SZ delaer. Along with the message I included a quick RT of a project that has flush inset SZ install noting that is not possible to render that accurately in 2020 or ProKitchen.

BTW-re SU models- If you use Wolf Sub so much you must have converted some to CA along the way? maybe share em?

• Like 1

Hello All,

I have reached out to and spoken with Ms. Martinson at Wolf/Subzero. She is very receptive concerning the project and we discussed the growing number of requests that Wolf/SZ is getting as emails from Chief users. W/SZ looks at all emails and places them into silos according to content and they are aware of the CA user group. The company is actively discussing how to and when to discuss the issue with CA. The more they hear from us and the more of us they hear from , the faster they will approach the issue. The tone of the conversation was very positive. She referenced a Ms. Carrie Perkins, Trade Marketing Manager , and was going to forward my comments to her.

Ms. Martinson can be reached at  Sue Martinson <Sue.Martinson@subzero.com>.

again, a big Thank you to SusanC for starting this....

Best to you all.

HP

• Like 1

Hello All,

As just a few minutes ago, I have spoken to Carrie Perkins from Wolf/Subzero. She is very happy to email and speak with any of us. She has budgetary consideration , as we all do, however the company is aware of the requests from the CA users and will discuss providing a catalog inside chief, but in all likelihood not until 2018.

As always , the more of us the company hears from, the better.

The impression of the company , at least by these 2 people, is excellent, high quality service and willingness to serve the customer base.

I suggested to her that a temporal work around would be a more simple to downlaod and unzip file containing some or all of the DWG or DXF files. The ones tyhat I've imported are working without issue.

However , email or call these people and 'vote' for CA ...

Her address is :

Carrie Perkins
Trade Marketing Manager
P: 608.270.3275 | M: 608.335.8962
Carrie.Perkins@subzero.com

and again, thanks to SusanC

HP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HPeter said:

I suggested to her that a temporal work around would be a more simple to downlaod and unzip file containing some or all of the DWG or DXF files.

You really are better off with Sketchup files than DWG or DXF. The latter have no textures and often no faces. I pretty regularly grab SU files from their site when I need them.

Wow, thank you guys for contacting Carrie and Sue!  Subzero is a great company and customer service is very important to them.

My boss and my Subzero distributor are in Madison, WI at SubZero headquarters this week.  If you haven't yet written a quick email, please do so now, even if you did so several months ago.  They need and want to hear from ALL of us so please speak up while I have contacts there onsite - this is a wonderful opportunity to get these catalogs for Chief.  Thanks!

marketingideas@subzero.com

• Like 2

• 11 months later...