How to add custom door to door schedule

capitaldesigns

I have a sliding barn style door in one of my projects. Its not a pocket door but it does slide on a rail attached to the side of the wall.

I used the doorway command to create the opening. I manually drew the door in the open position since I could not find a similar door in CA.

How do I get this door to show up in the door schedule ? Is there a way to add an extra line in the door schedule so I can manually type it in ?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, The last one I did I also tried to use a doorway and could not make it work. Resorted to a hinged slab door and changed most of the vizible materials to "Opening (no material)" and then edited the Description Column to say "Doorway For (size) Sliding Barn Door".

Then I just needed one tiny cad line mask over the slab door in plan view.

I put in a request to tech support at the time for it to work with a doorway, quite logical.

ChopsawB)

When I have to add a custom door to the schedule, I create a "Doors, Hidden" layer, draw a wall off to the side of my plan, then insert a hinged door and edit the Components so the schedule reads correctly. I've found this a useful method for shoji screens, barn doors, over-head coil doors, etc.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, rlackore said:

When I have to add a custom door to the schedule, I create a "Doors, Hidden" layer, draw a wall off to the side of my plan, then insert a hinged door and edit the Components so the schedule reads correctly. I've found this a useful method for shoji screens, barn doors, over-head coil doors, etc.

Great work-around. Maybe CA will give us barn doors? They are becoming increasingly popular.