How do you remove centre of curved stairs?

ladycoralie

Hello, I've made a plan for a tower with a curved staircase but I don't know how to make a stairwell with a hole or a void throughout the middle of all floors from top to bottom.

The link shows a house with a curved stairwell that follows the wall with the void I'm talking about. I've also attached a copy of a pic of the stairs I currently have in my plan showing the curved railing over the stairwell and a copy of my plan.

Cheers and thanks.

Coralie.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/2298104/Polo-Club-Custom-Home-mediterranean-staircase-denver

Tower copy.plan

curved stairs.jpg

I went and had a look at some of David Michael's videos and got the inspiration for using the hole in platform tool. I'm not 100% sure of how I achieved this - a combination of beginners luck and some tips I got from David Michael and the Chief Knowledge base I guess. Thanks guys.

As you can see in the pic, I've made a separate set of curved stairs that have the hole through the middle. The set of stairs adjoined to the building have the stairwell that covers the hole. But now that I have finally achieved the stairs with the hole through the middle, I'm not sure how to put a break in the stairs to each floor where I want to alight.

Is there a break stairs tool as there is for break wall or break line? I'm still kind of wondering how to put a landing at each floor without covering up the hole again too?

hole in platform.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stairs... the final frontier.

I wish I could help you Lady, but all I can offer

is emotional support. I'm happy if I can get a

couple of steps to line up with the front door.

If you pull this off I think you should qualify

for a bronze star with an oak leaf cluster. ;)

I have followed the spiral staircase threads

with interest but haven't actually tried my hand

at creating them. Hopefully some of the 'heavy

hitters" will have some suggestions.  

• Upvote 2

OMG Rich. Stairs are just about as bad as roofs. :rolleyes: Now my problem is that I couldn't get the platform to work properly and don't know how to get the stairs to meet the floor without a landing, so I got rid of the hole in platform and made it open below. Now the stairs on the 2nd floor keep falling to the bottom in spite of my setting the bottom height the same as the landing on the 2nd floor. Oh what to do now? I wish they just made stairs that you could just click on the end and keep dragging up until it reached the top floor.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll keep at it. There must be a way.

Cheers

Coralie

Hey Lady, didn't I help you on this in an other thread few weeks ago? What is this that you want? is English your 99th language like it is for me?... I don't think so, but what do you need here, do you mean a curved stair to the second floor only, with no access to the middle floor? Do you need to keep dragging and wrapping a single stair to 360° and more  up to 720° and all the way open down under your circular stair way, or even go up to the roof top of T.Tower?:rolleyes:.

Of course there is a way to go with it, which ever of the above scenarios you may want to achieve. BTW, did I ever disappoint you? I think you owe me a little thanks, but there are lots of people that are always grateful to the craps we share here, so no worries! Not giving you a negative point for now.

18 minutes ago, yusuf-333 said:

Hey Lady, didn't I help you on this in an other thread few weeks ago? What is this that you want? is English your 99th language like it is for me?... I don't think so, but what do you need here, do you mean a curved stair to the second floor only, with no access to the middle floor? Do you need to keep dragging and wrapping a single stair to 360° and more  up to 720° and all the way open down under your circular stair way, or even go up to the roof top of T.Tower?:rolleyes:.

Of course there is a way to go with it, which ever of the above scenarios you may want to achieve. BTW, did I ever disappoint you? I think you owe me a little thanks, but there are lots of people that are always grateful to the craps we share here, so no worries! Not giving you a negative point for now.

Excuse me Yusuf, I'm really sorry you think I didn't thank you but I did thank you for your help - Here it is Jan 27:

Hi Yusuf. I think I did it. Thanks. What I'm wondering is how to get rid of the curved platform in the middle so there is a void through the centre from top to bottom.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/2298104/Polo-Club-Custom-Home-mediterranean-staircase-denver

Tower copy.plan

hmm... I don't know how to insert a jpeg with the new format. Sorry. Hope the pic helps."

I posted that after you helped me to thank you for your help and to let you know I achieved the alignment of the stairs and got it up to the 3rd floor. so yes, thank you again.

I asked a further question and didn't hear from you further for about a week, about how to get rid of the curved platform that formed when I created the stairwell, so I thought you were busy or away and unable to help me. So I continued trying to figure out a way through the problem on my own. I couldn't resolve it so I thought I would ask about it again as my post was old and I thought I should maybe ask again in case someone else could help me because I hadn't heard from you. You have never disappointed me Yusuf, I just thought you were busy and my post was lost in a sea of others. So thanks again.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ladycoralie said:

Excuse me Yusuf, I'm really so think I didn't thank you but I did thank you for your help - Here it is Jan 27:

I posted that after you helped me to thank you for your help and to let you know I achieved the alignment of the stairs and got it up to the 3rd floor. so yes, thank you again.

I asked a further question and didn't hear from you further for about a week, about how to get rid of the curved platform that formed when I created the stairwell, so I thought you were busy or away and unable to help me. So I continued trying to figure out a way through the problem on my own. I couldn't resolve it so I thought I would ask about it again as my post was old and I thought I should maybe ask again in case someone else could help me because I hadn't heard from you. You have never disappointed me Yusuf, I just thought you were busy and my post was lost in a sea of others. So thanks again.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie

Really sorry!

That is my bad, I didn't look back to that thread. I was buzzy sure and the thread is buried and I was checking the forum some times in the last week but no luck to see your final response. sorry again.

I will come back to this later on and see what I can do with this one. It would be nice also, if you give some more explanation.

Best wishes And thanks for The Kind Words.

On 04/02/2017 at 2:24 AM, yusuf-333 said:

Really sorry!

That is my bad, I didn't look back to that thread. I was buzzy sure and the thread is buried and I was checking the forum some times in the last week but no luck to see your final response. sorry again.

I will come back to this later on and see what I can do with this one. It would be nice also, if you give some more explanation.

Best wishes And thanks for The Kind Words.

No worries Yusuf. I'm still working on the stairs and have achieved a lot since then. It just takes me a while. When I get stuck again, I'll post about it on here to avoid confusion.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie

If the break stairs tool isn't available in X7, then that was probably a new feature in X8.  Did you try a search on Help (F1) for a stairs break tool.  If you can't find it, you might want to consider upgrading .... lots of nice new stuff has been added in X8 and X9.

On 08/02/2017 at 6:02 AM, CJSpud said:

If the break stairs tool isn't available in X7, then that was probably a new feature in X8.  Did you try a search on Help (F1) for a stairs break tool.  If you can't find it, you might want to consider upgrading .... lots of nice new stuff has been added in X8 and X9.

Hi Curt. I have got X8 at the moment. I will have a look at the break stairs tool. I didn't know about it. thanks.