Attic walls not deleting and regenerating properly

HDsquared

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a design with a monoplane roof and vaulted ceilings pretty much throughout. Every time I move a wall in the floor plan a new attic wall is created but the old wall still remains. Also, the new attic walls looks all crazy - jaggedy up and down, covering doors and windows, etc. The only work around I have figured is:

1. Delete all of the attic walls (which turns many of them invisible),

2. group select new attic walls, open group, and uncheck "invisible" (this gets rid of the invisible issue)

3. group select new attic walls again, open group and click ok. (this gets rid of the crazy issue)

This design is currently undergoing major changes so this work-around is slowing me down. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm currently using x8 (but had the same issue when I opened the plan with x9).

Thanks,

Suzy

Suzy,

I'm not 100% sure of where your problem is.

Is see a couple of manually drawn attic walls, but not too many other problems.

The double attic wall over the closets and bath 2, for instance.

Maybe you can point out some specific problems.

In the meantime you could try a couple of things.

At+Q and uncheck Auto Rebuild Attic Walls. 

Go to the attic level and group select all the walls and delete them.

Alt+Q again and check Auto Rebuild Attic Walls.

Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings.

The attic walls will all rebuild.

Are there still problems?

The plan I attached I had already cleaned up. If you don't mind, will you try moving a couple of walls on the main level and see if you can get the problem to reproduce. Otherwise I can attach a non-clean version. Essentially every time I change the floor plan the attic walls go crazy. 

I have seen this also but not hard to fix. I guess once the attic wall is there, you must delete it manually. I usually leave auto attic walls on until at some point along the way ,(never know exactly when that is), I turn them off and usually find a straggler left behind.

Perry  - Here is a picture of a "new" attic wall after I moved the wall on the main floor plan. If I open the wall now and click ok it will regenerate properly. However, it's tedious to have to keep opening and closing the attic walls to get them to behave. Unfortunately re-build walls doesn't work. I can group select which makes it a little less painful but that's all I can figure to do. I have had to delete other attic walls before but never have I seen this. Have you ever seen anything like this? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I have seen this also but not hard to fix. I guess once the attic wall is there, you must delete it manually. I usually leave auto attic walls on until at some point along the way ,(never know exactly when that is), I turn them off and usually find a straggler left behind.

crazy attic wall.jpg

1 hour ago, DavidJPotter said:

WHAT YOU ARE SEEING IS Chief's DEFAULT BEHAVIOR. Read-Study your "User's Guide" to become better orientated with your software.

DJP

I've been using Chief for more than 11 years. I'm plenty familiar. In all my years I have never encountered this issue and if it was typical behavior I would no longer use Chief. Perhaps you misunderstand the issue. 

Your assumption that I need to become better oriented is rude.

• Upvote 1

Suzy,

I can see that for that particular wall, it has a break in it near the right hand side.

The wall on one site of the break has been reversed.

First off, fix that.

Then go up to the attic and delete the attic wall above that wall.

It will regenerate correctly.

The floor 2 wall and it's attic wall above should now be correct.

What you are seeing is not Chief's default behavior, but user error.