2nd Story Platform Protruding

craboulas

Hi guys, hopefully I'm just doing something dumb here. My 2nd story floor platform is protruding into the living space below. I have tried resetting all floor/wall/etc heights to defaults on all floors, and even overriding to manual values.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

I think you are right. I've noticed an anomaly in that room's structure. It seems that the 2nd story isn't actually protruding, but part of the 1st story has too tall of a ceiling. The problem is, that even after reseting all floors to all 6 default values, this room still is locked out from changing certain values because of "varying heights" in the room above. Which there are not, as far as I can see...

5.png

18 minutes ago, craboulas said:

I appreciate the offer to help rlacklore. I'd really love to dig in and solve this myself if possible. Any guidance on what aspects / settings to scrutinize would be a big help! :huh:

Listen to Racklamore,  post the plan. 

On 2/3/2017 at 1:48 PM, craboulas said:

I appreciate the offer to help rlacklore. I'd really love to dig in and solve this myself if possible. Any guidance on what aspects / settings to scrutinize would be a big help! :huh:

Asking to post the plan doesn't mean we're going to fix it for you; we can give better guidance and suggestions if we have access to the plan file - then you fix it yourself.

58 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Asking to post the plan doesn't mean we're going to fix it for you; we can give better guidance and suggestions if we have access to the plan file - then you fix it yourself.

Yeah,  with few exceptions,  if someone can't find the time to post the plan,  I don't have time to look into it.

This isn't about "not having the time" to post the plan. I just see more value in getting familiar with the settings that govern these things and hunting down the issue.

Again, I am very much appreciative that you guys would take time out of your days to load my plan and use your experience to find the issue. But if you guys find the issue and just tell me what to change, that isn't as good of a learning opportunity for me.

Any other hints of areas to look?

I for one appreciate that you want to take the time to learn and figure things out on your own, but the truth is we could take an hour or more writing up post telling you all the things to check, asking questions about various settings, etc. then you could spend another half hour checking those things and answering back, then we could spend another 15 minutes answering back, etc. and we could still miss one minor detail that was the key to the whole thing that woe would have probably caught just by looking at the plan. 

There are just WAY TOO many settings in Chief to work that way.  There are simple wall settings...about 100 of them, there are wall connection details, wall layer intersection details, room structure setttings for rooms above and for rooms below (floor heights, ceiling heights, floor structure, ceiling structure), foundation settings, I could spend all day just going over the possible settings and possible errors for any given item.  Now from what I can tell you have a few roof planes, as many as a half dozen different rooms and as many as a dozen different walls all coming together in those areas...you do the math. 

It's just far more efficient to take a quick look at the plan, point you in the direction of what you're doing wrong and the areas you should focus your studies on, and let you take it from there.