Strange Dim Behavior

fangelo

Does anyone know why this is happening?  The scale on dimensions jumps all out of whack on the layout sheet (see Capture 1)  I can temporarily fix the layout sheet by opening one of the linked details and then closing it...all of the linked details then update and look ok on the layout page ( see Capture 2).  This keeps happening on this layout page only.  Any Ideas? It's driving me nuts. This is in X9 by the way.

Thanks,

Fred

Capture2.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

Now that you bring this up, I remember that I had angular dimensions do that to me once before as well.  It showed up for a very short period on a plan I was using to make a quick tutorial video and then never showed up again.  I'll often just start a new plan between takes if I screw something up and I'm pretty sure I just started a new plan and all was well.  Anyway, the problem showed up and disappeared so quickly that it didn't really cause me any notable problems and so I guess I figured it was some kind of fluke and I never reported it.  Richard is right though.  It should prolee be reported.

Happens to me all the time with angular dimensions. Sometimes the problem shows up in plan, other times in layout, other times not until I print. Very frustrating. I've quit using angular dimensions; now I draw an arc, put arrows on the end, and use text to call out the angle.