mirror reflections

Dennis_Gavin

Your picture does not show that you have actually have the reflections turned on in your active camera.  It shows that you have the reflections on in your Camera Defaults.

Use the Edit Active Camera tool to open the Full Camera Specification dialog box and then verify that you have Reflections turned on.

If your camera has reflections turned on but they still don't show, then my best guess is that you are having a problem with your video card or that you have messed up your render preferences somehow.  If you still can't solve your problem, I would recommend that you contact tech support.

reflections.png

18 minutes ago, Dennis_Gavin said:

Why does it work in X8 but not X9?  Video card is same for both, Nvidia.  Never had this problem before.

Active camers has reflections on.

active camera.JPG

Did you open  plan in  x8  and did you see reflection?

Did you then save plan and then open in X9 and not see reflection?

BTW,  open your mirror and change thickness to 11",  all okay,  now change to 12" thickness.....  mirror quality disappears,  not earth shattering,  but a quirk.

Maybe the mirror material is different in X9 than X8. I know when Chief started the new reflection tool I couldn't use the old mirror material. You might be using an old material, try to choose a mirror material from the lib.

BTW, your plan reflects good in X9 for me

If your camera has reflections turned on but they still don't show, then my best guess is that you are having a problem with your video card or that you have messed up your render preferences somehow. 

Is it possible that you turned off "Use Enhanced Lighting" in your X9 preferences?  You will not get reflections if you have turned this off.  The only reason to turn this off is if you are trying to troubleshoot video card problems but you should not leave it off.