Pdf Enlarged In Layout Box On Mac - Chief X6

Victor_Rasilla

Anyone have this issue?  I'm out of town and down at the Hotel Del and trying to be cool with my new Macbook Pro working on some files that originated with my windows machine back home.  When i opened my layout i found that any imported PDF's were huge in their layout boxes so i could only see a portion of them.  I thought well I'll just ignore that and maybe it's a file path issue and when i open back up at home all will be well but then it happened with new PDF's I've imported here that I know are local to this machine.  So what gives?

anyone else new on Mac have this issue?  i've opened a support ticket as I'm out of trouble shooting ideas here.

404VermontLAYOUT_Building.layout

Right,  Huge visually.  I import a PDF that is 8.5 x 11 and the layout box is produced at 8.5 x 11 but the PDF in it is only showing a corner of the page as if the PDF is huge and i can only see a portion of it in the layout box window.  I talked to Chief support and they didn't have any quick answer and suggested i open a support ticket which i did.

Victor,

I have had a look at your file and can't see any .pdf's that are huge or don't look correct.

What pdf's are you seeing as huge?

One thing that I did notice was that some of the .pdf's were multipage and you are only displaying one page.

ie, CDworksheet current.pdf on layout sheet A4.

Maybe why everything is so slow?

I haven't had a play yet, but have you tried creating and importing .pdf's that are only 1 page per file?

Glenn,

all of the pdf's may not be saved with plan. Are you seeing some of them and they are showing normally? As in typical 8.5 x 11 page? If so then clearly it's something to do with the way my machine is handling them I'm thinking. Clearly, because it worked perfectly on my desktop back home(Windows) but haywire on this new MacBook.

Victor,

I am on Windows7.

I can click on the multipage pdf's and change the page that displays.

I don't see anything apparently wrong with the .pdf's

I assume you are seeing the problem on page A4 where you have several .pdf's.

There are 4off  81/2"x11" pages and 4off 71/8"x51/2" pdf's. 

Pic attached.

As you can see, I can select the multipage .pdf's and change the page that displays.

I am not sure if that is good or bad - but things are really slow with this file.

Probably slow because there's a ton of pdf's. My experience is that bogs it down loading the referenced files. You're thumbnail shows it right though. My machine is reading something funny.

Thanks for checking it out Glenn.

dshall, are you running mavericks on your machine?

Victor,

I can duplicate what you are seeing.

In the attached pic, everything looked fine to start.

I have only changed 3 of the pages as you can see.

What I did was to select the layout box and uncheck Retain Aspect Ration of... 

I then dragged the top down and the bottom up to make a smaller box.

I then used the corner handle to drag the corner and make the box larger.

This results in the effect you see.

To get things back to normal, I can select the box, open it's dbx and check Reset Cropping - I then see the full page.

Just doesn't work for me.  I've tried to resize it manually and then reset it.  uncheck aspect ratio, reset cropping and all combinations in between.  This is just nuts.  Why does it work perfectly fine on every other computer but this Macbook.  Haven't heard anything yet from chief.  I wonder if they are unable to reproduce the problem.

Works right on my wifes Macbook Air.  Called apple customer support and that was no help.  have tried reinstalling chief but still shows the same.  I guess next i need to reinstall OSX.  I don't get it.  It can't be a hardware issue.  it must be a software issue.