Need to cut column in half.

Rosco2017

I'm not that computer savy at all. I can't for the life of me figure out how to work sketch up, nor do I have the time to learn it with the amount of workload I've been carrying. I need this column cut in half vertically. Is there an easy way to do this? I intend to use this on the exterior of a home. I'll attach a pic.IMG_1368.JPG

column.plan

To cut the symbol in half -add a stretch zone that goes from then back to the center of the object, resize the depth to half what it was.

Almost forgot- once done open the symbol again, block tab, generate block so it shows correctly in plan.

dbx.jpg

Column.jpg

• Upvote 5

• 3 years later...

I used the below instructions:

"To cut the symbol in half -add a stretch zone that goes from then back to the center of the object, resize the depth to half what it was.

Almost forgot- once done open the symbol again, block tab, generate block so it shows correctly in plan."

But cannot get it to work.  I take a newel post and add it to my plan.  I then open the newel post as a symbol and set the y plane to cut the newel in half.  I then click ok and then I open the same symbol in my plan and I generate block.  Then I add the block to my plan - but I cannot see it and it does not appear to be cut in half.

On 1/29/2017 at 4:02 PM, MarkMc said:

To cut the symbol in half -add a stretch zone that goes from then back to the center of the object, resize the depth to half what it was.

Almost forgot- once done open the symbol again, block tab, generate block so it shows correctly in plan.

dbx.jpg

Column.jpg

thanks Mark....

for anyone else trying this with Ross's Plan from the OP  , note he has already resized the Column in that plan from it's original size ( 26 x 26 x 107 9/16 ) via Open Object  to 16" x 16" x 72"  so the "halving" doesn't work as expected in that Plan. Either reset the size to Original or start with your own symbol at full size 1st. 

Then in the Open Object DBX set the Depth to 1/2

image.thumb.png.5d22d50a34576548cdb0f08bdfdf91d0.pngimage.thumb.png.29438b1af4e91ac4bf5072aaca5140e4.png  image.thumb.png.84876f20ee8988c8fde4e7cf3361294e.png 

M.