X9 Crash - Well Sort of

howardr

I have be experiencing a number of semi crashes of X9 and wonder if anyone else is seeing it as well. I call them semi crashes as the program does not actually crash but I am prompted to open save or cancel at semi random times and in all cases this happens when I am switching from a camera view back to plan view.  When it does this the camera view is closed without my intervention regardless if I hit cancel. If I hit save it closes my open plan and leaves me at the file menu. It does not appear that there is any consistency in these events as repeating the actions I took  in a camera view just after a crash has occurred do not result in another event.

I tried this on an existing plan and on a new plan and get the same event with XP being on all the default settings/values.

System should not be an issue I7 although a few years old and a new 1080GTX  should be more than capable of running it. Besides the way the issue presents itself by asking if I want to open save or cancel lends to a different symptom.

First 

have you experienced same crashes with x8?

Verify Windows, I would run repairs 

1) sfc /ScanNow

2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim

I would also check the video drivers... If you have accelerator card and not Intel built-in

a) Make sure that the drivers are updated 

b ) You are set to use accelerated hardware

Okay I do not experience the same issues in X8 and I have verified windows to be functional as no errors were encountered. There must be something on my end that's not correct in order to cause this given that none of you have seen it so I will keep digging here. Thanks for your efforts.