X9 Render Setting if you have issues in Elevation Views

tchomes

I learned this morning that for text, dimensions and polylines to show up in the Camera Elevation views, you need to have the following checked:

Go into your Preferences and turn on the Software Rendered Overlays which can be found on the Render Panel.

I found this out as one of my employees had an issue with his graphics card running X9 and was told to uncheck all the lower boxes in the bottom of the Render Panel to increase performance.  I personally like for my software to run efficiently as well, so I went in and unchecked the "Software Rendered Overlays" box as well.  That apparently makes it "really" difficult to work in Elevation views as you can type and edit items, but you can't see them until you export to Layout view.

To Chief Architect's credit, they were very quick to respond to the issue and let me know how to fix it.  I am posting this to help anyone else that may have unchecked that box and had issues.

Thank you,

Roy

2 minutes ago, tchomes said:

was told to uncheck all the lower boxes in the bottom of the Render Panel to increase performance

To anybody reading this do not ever do this! It will not in any way improve performance, it will in almost all cases make Chief slower.  

These preferences are only for troubleshooting purposes to help us try and track down what may be the cause of user rendering related issues.  If toggling any these checkboxes out of their default state fixes a problem we would want to know about so we can fix the root cause.

• Upvote 2