Door Openings / Rom Labels

BKEn10c

As a new person.. I am having a couple more snags:

DOOR OPENINGS: I want to show the dotted line for door openings. When I turn the header layer on, of course it turns it on everything, including the standard doors. I only want the header layer turned on for door openings. Is that possible?

ROOM LABELS: There are some room labels, like hallways, where I would rather not have the room dimensions shown. Is there a way to turn off the room dimensions in a per situation basis?

Thanks!

Brian

Openings-RoomLabels.PNG

56 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I turn off room labels and use a macro for the room labels, I have more control that way. I also use a header macro label for openings. Search macro's here on this forum.

I searched Macros - and I am contacting Joe Carrick to purchase macros from him. HOWEVER - I have not figured out how that will assist me with my main goal: How can I get the headers to show on doorways, without having headers show on every door? THANKS in ADVANCE!

3 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

You are probably going to have to just use a CAD Box for that.  Chief just doesn't have that fine a control over what "headers" show.  For Reflected Ceiling Plans I use a Room Polyline that I put on a "Ceiling Boundary" layer.

Thanks Joe. Wow - that seems like such a basic drawing need. Wouldn't we always want to show a dashed line to signify openings in our floor plans?

2 minutes ago, BKEn10c said:

Thanks Joe. Wow - that seems like such a basic drawing need. Wouldn't we always want to show a dashed line to signify openings in our floor plans?

I don't think everyone would but it would definitely be a nice option for all openings.

But sometimes the programming effort to satisfy everyone is more work than it's worth.  This might be one of those cases - or it might not.