Sections Question

brian-sdesign

Why does Chief color in some items like framing members or footings, but other items are just an outline? What is confusing is I will cut a section with the exact same foundation stem wall on both sides, but one side will be colored in and the other not. See attached example.. these footings are not identical due to the garage but many times it is exact and I see the same problem. 

Section Question.pdf

Just a guess without seeing the plan, but what you are describing is the fact that the colored areas are those in the background.

It looks like you have used a back clipped cross section.

The colored foundation on the right hand side is caused by the foundation in the background and it is probably within the clipping distance.

The back wall and foundation for the garage are probably further back that the clipping distance and are thus not showing.

A similar thing is happening with the room in the bottom right hand corner where you cant see any color on the rear wall because the rear wall is behind the clipping plane.

Use Auto Detail and all the foundations should hatch the same.

Post the plan if you want confirmation.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, brian-sdesign said:

I'll post up a sample shortly but the thing that is confusing is this sometimes happens in a completely symmetrical plan.. Both sides exactly the same yet one side is colored and the other not. 

Demonstrate by posting a plan that shows this.