I have over 1600 CAD blocks in cad block management??

zowie123

Hi, 

Now that I'm using X9 I can see I have over 1600 cad block that must be associated with all sorts of stuff in my library. Most of it is just lines and junk, then there's also copies of that junk, should I be worried about this slowing things down?

There's no way to follow those blocks back from cad blk managment to find out where they reside...  every individual line is in there?

What's the best way to cut down on these?

Thanks!

Barry

Now I see, it must be coming from a detail I added which is a conglomerate of all my details....I have to explode each individual one and purge each of individual cad blocks I guess.  

I find it's easier to have them all on one page then to list them one by one in cad mgt.  On the page I have them sorted in sections by floor, roof etc. 

I didn't think they were coming from my library...OK, thank you.  Thought it was a new x9 oddity. 

What I realized though is if I have a cad block in cad detail it shows up in cad management, but if I send that detail to the library and delete it from the cad block window it no longer shows up in the cad detail management.  

I'm still confused as to the best place to store about 100 cad details where they put the least strain on resources.  I may just create another plan for all my details. 

21 hours ago, zowie123 said:

What I realized though is if I have a cad block in cad detail it shows up in cad management, but if I send that detail to the library and delete it from the cad block window it no longer shows up in the cad detail management.  

I'm still confused as to the best place to store about 100 cad details where they put the least strain on resources.  I may just create another plan for all my details. 

It's not clear what you mean about "place to store." Are these 100 details actually being used in the project, or simply unused and might be used on future projects? 

I have hundreds in the lib. without any problems and actually keep the details I use all the time in my template layout. When I need a weird detail ,I just go to my lib, where you can create different folders , and get it and modify as needed and re-save it as a new detail if needed.