Vector view messed up in X9

michaelgia

Michaelgia,

All seems well here.  Be sure to get in touch with tech support before they close unless someone brilliant comes up with a quick answer.

Mr.Wen X9.JPG

I have seen goofy stuff like that before with imported materials but it usually is a raytrace problem.

I have not yet updated my library for the X9 map improvements if that helps isolate the issue.

2 hours ago, michaelgia said:

Ok so here is a vector view in X9. 

It looked fine in X8. 

I merely opened the plan in X9. 

Anyone know what's going on?

Screenshot 2017-01-20 12.53.37.png

We are aware of issues effecting a small subset of Mac hardware.  Can you tell me what graphics card your Mac has?  You can find this information in Preferences -> Render -> Video Card Status.

2 hours ago, Ryan-M said:

We are aware of issues effecting a small subset of Mac hardware.  Can you tell me what graphics card your Mac has?  You can find this information in Preferences -> Render -> Video Card Status.

Sorry I was at the movies....

here is the graphic card info:

2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
C02HN8T1DHJF

3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

It looks better inverted than what you have Michaelgia.  Sorry to say.  Hoping that Ryan can help you out.

Mr.Wen X9 Inversion.JPG

Ha ha, that does look cool!

and thanks for the suggestion to send Ryan the dbx. 

I realize my Mac is a little outdated and seemingly underpowered but I honestly never experience any lag, and crashes are very rare.  I'd hate to have to upgrade anything. 

I'm loving how quick the line drawing works. I always loved that look but rarely used it because it was so time consuming before. 

:)

No need to update if you are not having any issues with your workflow.  Interesting that your DBX is not showing driver date or version for your Mac, mine has those two extra lines.  Unfortunately I have already pushed aspects of my system to their limits.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

And is that in X9 ?  Because it looks great.

I know right?...

It's X9 and I'm really not that good. lol

I've been really impressed with X9.  

I put absolutely no effort into that shot. 

I've just been fooling around and getting acquainted with the new version. 

I haven't even saved a plan in X9 yet. I'm not confident enough. I think I'll take the plunge this weekend. You know, take the training wheels off X8. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue (vector view missed up), but usually it's only the first rendering that is screwed up. Forcing a refresh (usually by rotating the scene) fixes the issue. 

ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6970M OpenGL Engine, 4.1ATI-1.48.16, video memory 2048 MB, Driver AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver