Extra/missing files in CA X9 folder

Alaskan_Son

I noticed my Chief Architect Premier X9 Data folder is a little different than in previous versions.  It seems to be missing these 2 files...

Missing files.jpg

...and these files seem to be new...

Extra files.jpg

Not sure it really matters as I don't seem to be having any problems, but I would also kinda like to understand what's going on.  Any of yuze guys happen to have any insight?

sheetSizes is a leftover from X6 - it was eliminated in X7

mmaster is the Materials List Master file - you can recreate it in CA - or copy from a previous version Data Folder. 

The Migrate Folders are just copies of the X8 Folders.  I think they were just created during the installation of X9 and probably are not needed.  The install should (IMO) have deleted them on completion - but it will require someone at CA to verify that.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

sheetSizes is a leftover from X6 - it was eliminated in X7

mmaster is the Materials List Master file - you can recreate it in CA - or copy from a previous version Data Folder. 

The Migrate Folders are just copies of the X8 Folders.  I think they were just created during the installation of X9 and probably are not needed.  The install should (IMO) have deleted them on completion - but it will require someone at CA to verify that.

Re: sheetSizes...Thank you.  I wonder why it was present in both X7 and X8 folders?  It must have just been carried over during the migration process?  Oh well...as long as its not necessary.

Re: mmaster...That's kinda what I figured.  Just wasn't sure if perhaps something had gone wrong during the initial migration/install.  I went back and double checked and it looks like Chief is still using one of the Master Lists located in my X8 folder.  I've never really utilized Master Lists except for learning and playing around with them so its probably a non-issue but I went ahead and created a new one in my X9 folder for if and when I do make use of it.  Thanks.

Re: Migrate Folders...Thank you for verifying.  That's kinda what I figured on those as well but I wasn't sure.  I wonder if I'm safe to delete them.  I take it you don't have them?  I probably ought to contact TS to make sure its okay if I clean that folder up. 

18 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I noticed the extra Folders, they are empty (here) but I left them alone for now "just incase"....

Mine aren't all empty.  The Templates and Toolbars folders are both full.  I went ahead and sent a ticket into tech support.  My migration log shows one error...

"....Premier X9 Data\Patterns
        Migrate From Directory does not exist.
    Copying Textures Directory
        Migrate From Directory:  C:\Users\User\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X8 Data\Textures
        Migrate To Directrory:  C:\Users\User\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X9 Data\Textures
***ERROR:  Migrating TexturesDirectory
Migrating Preferences
    Copying Chief Architect Premier X9.ini File
        Migrate From File:  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X8.ini
        Migrate To File:  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X9.ini..."

I'm assuming the folders weren't deleted because there was that one error during migration.

I noticed in another thread you mentioned you have missing textures.  I suspect your migration log also has a similar error message and your migration folders were probably not deleted for the same reason as mine.  That's just a guess though.  I suppose I'll wait to hear what the fine folks at TS have to say. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Mine aren't all empty.  The Templates and Toolbars folders are both full.  I went ahead and sent a ticket into tech support.  My migration log shows one error...

"....Premier X9 Data\Patterns
        Migrate From Directory does not exist.
    Copying Textures Directory
        Migrate From Directory:  C:\Users\User\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X8 Data\Textures
        Migrate To Directrory:  C:\Users\User\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X9 Data\Textures
***ERROR:  Migrating TexturesDirectory
Migrating Preferences
    Copying Chief Architect Premier X9.ini File
        Migrate From File:  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X8.ini
        Migrate To File:  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X9.ini..."

I'm assuming the folders weren't deleted because there was that one error during migration.

I noticed in another thread you mentioned you have missing textures.  I suspect your migration log also has a similar error message and your migration folders were probably not deleted for the same reason as mine.  That's just a guess though.  I suppose I'll wait to hear what the fine folks at TS have to say. 

You are Correct Michael . I only checked 3 or 4 of the  *_MigrateBackup Folders which where empty , my textures and Toolbars_Migrate folders have Items too, My Log does not show any errors though. Actually I thought Toolbars didn't migrate to be honest and you had to set them up again.... but I should of migrated X7-X8 properly then installed X9 since it only migrates the most recent version.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Actually I thought Toolbars didn't migrate to be honest and you had to set them up again....

Ya, I think that feature is new with X9.  I had some pretty complex custom toolbars and toolbar configurations and it was really nice to have those automatically migrated. 

19 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Ya, I think that feature is new with X9.  I had some pretty complex custom toolbars and toolbar configurations and it was really nice to have those automatically migrated. 

Thanks for the Tip , not sure I should of but I renamed the X9 Toolbar Folder and Copied the Toolbar Folder from X7 into the X9 Folder and restarted X9 and My Custom Toolbars and their layout are back :)   phew.... 

Only thing is now I am unsure what my Toolbars should have with the new features etc. in X9 and if they can display the new features?.

P.S . Just found your YouTube Channel too Michael, (MichaelB for those who don't know yet)   so thanks for putting those up as well.

Perhaps put a link in your sig. ?

6 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

P.S . Just found your YouTube Channel too Michael, (MichealB for those who don't know yet)   so thanks for putting those up as well.

Perhaps put a link in your sig. ?

Hey Mick. Good to see you back. For a while there

I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. :)

I even posted in the Chat Room asking about your

whereabouts, but nobody cared. ;)

BTW, you might want to edit your listing for Michael's

YouTube Channel.

10 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Hey Mick. Good to see you back. For a while there

I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. :)

I even posted in the Chat Room asking about your

whereabouts, but nobody cared. ;)

BTW, you might want to edit your listing for Michael's

YouTube Channel.

Hi Rich , good to see a familiar face ..... :)     

it wasn't quite the End of the World , just felt like it without Internet, (so no Chief) Cable, etc 

but thankfully that Project is finished, but now I feel like I need to learn Chief again :)

Here's hoping the Workload is better in 2017 and keeps me in Town ..... 

Ooops Apologies to MichaelB too .... fixed