Did click stairs go away?

dshall

Actually, there are 6 "click" stair tools.  In addition to the 3 Joe listed, there is also the Curve to Left and Curve to Right.  And, what some people may not know, the normal Draw Stairs tool can also create a "click" stair if you click instead of drag.  Depending on where you click, you will either get the same stair you get with the Straight Stairs tool or the same landing you would get using the Landing tool.

Anyone have a demo on bringing a set of stairs up through a a covered deck? I tried this and the "make hole through platform" button did not remove the deck planking and thus did not reframe the deck joist.

Any and all suggestions / techniques are welcome.

thanks

4 minutes ago, mrscott said:

Anyone have a demo on bringing a set of stairs up through a a covered deck? I tried this and the "make hole through platform" button did not remove the deck planking and thus did not reframe the deck joist.

Any and all suggestions / techniques are welcome.

thanks

What do you mean by "Covered Deck"?  Is this really a Porch or Balcony?

Joe,

if if you looked at my recent videos you will notice I build actual "Deck rooms" into my designs. All structures are ESOP(elevated structures on pilings) and thus, the ground (level 0), Terrain and slab are typically 14' below the "first floor" (level1). So, my house is essentially hovering 14' above ground. Most of the time, if the building site has side easement clearance, I'll place the stairs (from ground to first floor) along side the house and enter the Deck area. This approach works fine. It's only when I attempt to bring the stairs up through the actual "Deck Room Area" that  an issue. 

I'm out of the office for a few hours but would be happy to prep a brief video describing the process for your review.

thanks for asking,