Layer Eye Dropper/ LAyerPainter

DougDM

SOOOO.... in the past I could take the layer eye dropper tool, select a line, then with the Layer Painter Tool paint a line and it would change to the appropriate layer and carry over Color, line type. weight, move to front... all in one click. Now all it's doing is moving it to the appropriate layer.... but then I have to open that particular line dialog (that I just moved to new layer) and make all the changes, Color, line type, weight etc...what gives..... 

Thanks for any insight

Doug

5 hours ago, DougDM said:

SOOOO.... in the past I could take the layer eye dropper tool, select a line, then with the Layer Painter Tool paint a line and it would change to the appropriate layer and carry over Color, line type. weight, move to front... all in one click. Now all it's doing is moving it to the appropriate layer.... but then I have to open that particular line dialog (that I just moved to new layer) and make all the changes, Color, line type, weight etc...what gives..... 

Thanks for any insight

Doug

I suspect that in the past you had your line type, color, and weight to be set by layer...

Line.png

...but now you don't.

I have my layers set the way I want and need them to be... color, line type, weight, and up front...when you select the layer eye dropper tool it should pick all that up and deposit/transfer those setting to the newly selected line....it doesn't...and I could swear it used to.  I'll try and post a couple examples tomorrow, for now I have an appointment... thanks guys. I'll get back to you.