printing A1 paper problems x7, x8, x9

bernie

11 minutes ago, BrownTiger said:

No, internal printer memory and internal rendering engine are the most critical. I misspoke it should say"printer memory/engine" as  T25x0 series have 320Gb hard drive and software can use 128Gb for rendering. The printer OP is using from my old X-employer and I know for a fact it is dated and flawed. My x-employer may be p* off if I comment on their hardware. 

In general Spoolers [print servers] do very little. They hold job file and transmit to a printer, supply headers in-between jobs, notify clients when you have an issue.

Provide ability to restrict who can and can not print to this print queue. Excluding nasty winprinters (that rely on Windows host rendering), most printers rely on internal rendering engine. [PCL/Postscript/PDF]. Qt5 that CA rely on removed Postscript support. Postscript is redundant to pdf printing IMHO. So if a printer includes PDF rendering engine and the driver supports, PDF file will be sent to this printer. Sometimes PDF rendering  engine does not produce exactly the same result as PCL5/PCL6. 

HP Pdf direct printing also has some issues... as it does not permit tray / paper calls. These have to be set in PJL.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bottom line OP should try to print a simple rectangle and see if it cuts and resets.

Thanks for trying to clarify that.  I'll take your word for it : )  I'm sure my situation was a little different...I had a pretty old printer but it always printed fine.  One little thing about it though...  I couldn't actually hook it directly to my computer due to outdated drivers and the fact HP stopped supporting it.  The only way it worked was setting it up as a network printer through my router via the JetDirect server. 

Anywho, I can't say I understand it any better but I appreciate you taking the time to respond.