X-9 Set Up

RobUSMC

I have loaded X-9 on my desktop with all the core, bonus. MFG and my user libraries. I need to do the same to my new laptop.  I have installed X-9 to the laptop but is there a way to load all the bonus and the same MFG libraries I dont use all the MFG libs) without having to download each one individually from the CA website and then load each one individually?

Thanks 

I might have answered my own question. I didn't know X-9 would do this now, once I loaded X-9 it automatically migrated the libraries from X-8 including my old X-8 user library. However, I had a newer "cleaned up" copy of my used library that I had exported from my desktop yesterday to a flash drive.  What's the best way to replace the migrated user library with my updated copy on the flash?  I'm asking because I don't want to get a double user library like a previous time. 

Rob, I think the recommendation is the import / export method of moving the user library (update) you want onto the lap top to replace the one there now.  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00001/migrating-chief-architect-to-a-new-computer.html

Down in this KB - it states "to ensure that all material textures are included when you copy your user catalog to a new computer, export the contents of your user catalog and then import them into the library on your new computer.." I'd save (export) a copy of the file you have to the desk top, find the file you want to replace and remove it, then (import) follow the remaining steps to replace it with the updated file you have.

Rob, I think you have to find the user library you want to replace, delete it, then do the import operations, which will ask for the file location of the new replacement file (you exported it to your desk top as recommended?), and when I did a similar operation, I did not have a duplicate.  If it does for some reason, you should just simply go to the location where the user libraries are located (documents, CA etc.) and just delete the one that you do not want. Again, my best guess.

• Upvote 1

Rob, I am not sure where you are at but this might be helpful.

"If you would like to test the migration process again you would need to manually delete your X9 preferences file. To do this browse to

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc

Then delete the file called Chief Architect Premier X9.ini. Now when you relaunch Chief X9 you will be prompted to migrate again."

5 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

OK thanks. See the attached.  Am i looking at the correct file?

Rob, that looks to be the correct file. I believe there was a general setting in Windows 7 that displays file extensions in explorer similar to Win 10 so that you will be absolutely sure or it may display with properties, not sure.

Just be aware that file contains all libraries and toolbars etc.. etc.. but will be rebuilt from X8.

Ini file.JPG

• Upvote 1