X9 Stairs

Designer1

In X9 it shows the stair tools with the option of the u shaped stairs.  On that icon it shows winders.  I have been trying to for a bit to figure out how to create or control the number of steps that would occur on the landing section to create winders.    Does anyone know how to create the look of the u shaped staircase as shown on the u stair icon?

Thanks!

Chad

Thanks for the reply.  Oh man I was hoping the new stair tools would make customizing simpler.  So to get the stairs that you show, basically is the same way weve done u stairs all along... start with a straight stair, start a new straight stair from the center of the first stair and press the ALT key to get it to curve? 

Also, if you have time... can you explain how you got the stairs to be so perfect?  Every time I do a staircase like it gets messed up with uneven spaces, overlapped steps etc. So I usually just go for the straight stair with the plain landing.  Thats why I was so excited because I thought we had these cool new stair customization tools.

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

lso, if you have time... can you explain how you got the stairs to be so perfect? 

Just a matter of finding the sweet spot and allowing the stairs to determine comfortable gap.

5 hours ago, brian-sdesign said:

Related question, is it now possible to create a U shaped stair with a non-curved landing, with the second half of the landing raised one step? The only way I could pull this off was using two separate stair objects. 

Try using the middle stair set and "Lock Number of Treads" then set to 2 and select winders, or you may have more control by using two landings depending on the situation.  However I could not get a connection between the two landings and I am not really sure if this is possible.  We may need a stair expert to weigh in here.  Your idea of two stair sections with enlarged treads may be the best.

• Upvote 1

The Idea of using middle stairs work well, but some components like stringers at wall and railings seems to have issues.

Again I remember an earlier thread I posted that worked well using two landings, the only thing you need to do is set the auto landing height "off" for the second landing and fill it manually.

u stair.jpg

u-stair plan.jpg

U stair with with tri stairs.plan

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input everyone!  I still have to perfect the landings, curved winder stairs.  Im still hoping in future releases they will come up with a complete customizable stair tool that is easier to use then the current custom stair way of doing it now. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/14/2017 at 3:19 PM, yusuf-333 said:

The Idea of using middle stairs work well, but some components like stringers at wall and railings seems to have issues.

Again I remember an earlier thread I posted that worked well using two landings, the only thing you need to do is set the auto landing height "off" for the second landing and fill it manually.

u stair.jpg

u-stair plan.jpg

U stair with with tri stairs.plan

I loaded this but how did you get the final result with 2 landings? Thanks.

Well, this is an old thread let me see what it was about, basically there is no landing applied here as I recall. Please feel free to clarify what exactly you want to achieve. Did you open the plan attached here, no landing at all. Right? Simply stairs but I think there is another topic I used landings to get the same look. Did you understand after opening the plan? Do you want me to explain the method using only stairs or one with the landing?

• Upvote 1