How Would One Learn the Nuances and Details of X9's New Features?

HumbleChief

I've watched the what's new in X9 videos and have seen new features but haven't see any videos on how they are intended to work, in detail. There is a new draw order tool and the what's new video show that it exists but I had no idea how to use it until Michael posted this video explaining the nuances and all its great capabilities. There seems to be so much to learn about each feature and the Draw Order Tool is a perfect example of the cool abilities it has. Is it just a matter reading the manual? Do we learn by experimentation and asking questions here? Do we wait until those who know such things post how the new tools are intended to work? Is there a source I'm missing? Thanks

Larry,

It's the same as it's been in the past.  Carefully review the Help File - then play with the Tool until you get confused. ;)

I appreciate Michael's videos but he's spending a lot of time creating videos that CA should be providing.

btw, The Help for the new Draw Order Edit Tools isn't up to date.  I'm still seeing the version for X8.

• Upvote 1

I think since this is still officially beta it might be useful to do what Joe suggests, play with it. During earlier beta I'd pick somehow and use it, find a bug send it in, find something that doesn't quite do what you expect, send it in. Not that there's going to be major changes except fixing bugs, still kind of the purpose of beta right? 

23 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Larry,

It's the same as it's been in the past.  Carefully review the Help File - then play with the Tool until you get confused. ;)

I appreciate Michael's videos but he's spending a lot of time creating videos that CA should be providing.

btw, The Help for the new Draw Order Edit Tools isn't up to date.  I'm still seeing the version for X8.

Thanks Joe. I just came across another new dbx in the defaults menu. I'll need to learn a few things about that as well.

4 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

The Help for the new Draw Order Edit Tools isn't up to date.  I'm still seeing the version for X8.

Joe,  I checked this a couple of weeks ago and it was up to date.  There must be something wrong if you are sure you checked your version.

X9 Drawing Groups.JPG