Changing house from 10' walls to 9' walls

Clemsongrad

I have a small house drawn up that the owner had asked for 10' walls. He just changed his mind and wants them to be 9' high.

It has a kitchen, bath, living room, closet and Washer dryer alcove with bifold doors.

I tried to select each room using the shift command, but when I do the finished ceiling tabs under the structure area of the room specification dialogue is grayed out.

How do I best do this?

THZ

Larry

22 minutes ago, Clemsongrad said:

I have a small house drawn up that the owner had asked for 10' walls. He just changed his mind and wants them to be 9' high.

It has a kitchen, bath, living room, closet and Washer dryer alcove with bifold doors.

I tried to select each room using the shift command, but when I do the finished ceiling tabs under the structure area of the room specification dialogue is grayed out.

How do I best do this?

THZ

Larry

Yeah shift select does not work for rooms. Change the default ceiling heights for that floor and change each room to be at the default height. May need to redo roofs unless on auto.

• Upvote 1

Larry, one thing I would recommend (speaking from experience only) Save a back up copy of the current plan just in case.  When I attempted something similar, it screwed my entire plan up (I know I'm the user and it is likely USER ERROR) matters not, but just to be safe I REALLY did have to start over.  After all that, the client changed his mind again and went back then (except for a little work I had done to the new plan) I just went back to my back up.

47 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Larry, one thing I would recommend (speaking from experience only) Save a back up copy of the current plan just in case.  When I attempted something similar, it screwed my entire plan up (I know I'm the user and it is likely USER ERROR) matters not, but just to be safe I REALLY did have to start over.  After all that, the client changed his mind again and went back then (except for a little work I had done to the new plan) I just went back to my back up.

Always good advice Bob. I've had similar experiences and for the newer user some simple advice like 'change floor defaults' can lead to a few complications that require a better understanding of Chief tools and a back up is just plain smart - always.

Much agreed on backup copies of any plan before revisions begin.

Can always delete duplicated after the design is final.

In regard to the roof heights being changed after the room ceilings are dropped you have 2 options

1 select all planes and change the baseline height for all but if any are different for a given area you will need to select and edit those individually.

2 select all planes and use the transform replicate tool to lower all -12" in the z axis.

I have used this method many times and you will find that the baseline heights for each plane will revise accordingly. 

• Upvote 2