Much better.  I would still take the lighting down a little more though and adjust offsets for the pendants or maybe even turn them off,

Crank up the emissive setting for their glass.(makes them look on)  Might put one 3D point light in in place of several pendants.  It is a trial and error thing.

1 hour ago, parkwest said:

Will this also work on exterior views by having the camera spin around a set point?

The 360 view is a stationary view from a point in space.. so I don't think this will work like you think..it will show exterior of model but only what it can see from camera view point.

Does anyone know how to change the orientation of the starting view in the 360 Pano?

In other words, when the Pano opens I'd it to point towards the kitchen and not the Breakfast Nook.

I tried using a North Pointer in Cad, but it didn't have any affect.

On 1/31/2017 at 9:42 AM, Korel_Design said:

I do want to add the code so my website visitors can see the panos right on my site from my server and not have to redirect to another URL.

We have just added embed code to our Sharing tool in the management interface for both the 360 panorama and 3D Viewer.

To use it just click Make Public, click the Share button, then click on the Embed tab to see the code you will need to copy and paste into your website.

You will also see there is an option for ChiefTalk. Just paste that link into your post and the viewer will automatically be loaded.

share.png

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

We have just added embed code to our Sharing tool in the management interface for both the 360 panorama and 3D Viewer.

To use it just click Make Public, click the Share button, then click on the Embed tab to see the code you will need to copy and paste into your website.

You will also see there is an option for ChiefTalk. Just paste that link into your post and the viewer will automatically be loaded.

share.png

This is excellent and much easier than a third party 3D viewer.  I installed an HTML Widget and pasted the code.  It worked perfectly.

Great job

The web site is HERE, look at the VR page.

Electomen - I checked out your site, the 360's look great! Yes, this is defiantly better than  using the outside site, I'm going to be adding this to my re-designed site which is in progress right now.

Eric

2 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Brian,

This is very cool. I note that there is a 99 file limit. Is this limit shared with the 3D viewer models, or are they separate limits? Are we able to get more cloud storage? If so, what does that cost?

they are separate limits

I've noticed that the starting point of the panorama varies depending on what viewer you are using.  I had figured out that the site I first used for display would open 90 degrees to the left of my initial camera direction.  But then I uploaded that same pano to a different site, and that one opened with yet another location.  I would suggest doing a simple test with whatever viewer you intend to use to figure out where it starts. 

5 hours ago, Christina_Girerd said:

I've noticed that the starting point of the panorama varies depending on what viewer you are using.  I had figured out that the site I first used for display would open 90 degrees to the left of my initial camera direction.  But then I uploaded that same pano to a different site, and that one opened with yet another location.  I would suggest doing a simple test with whatever viewer you intend to use to figure out where it starts. 

That's my experience also.  The new embedded viewer by CA fixes it and works very well in my web site.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with the CA Ray Trace 360 Panoramics being blurry? When I just compose and export the regular 360 pics (not Ray Trace) they look great, but when I try to make a Ray Trace 360 image, it comes out blurry. I have tried both saving to disc and uploading to CA cloud account, no difference between them. I have given it 10 passes, which usually is more than enough on a single view perspective to get a good clear picture. Am I missing something? Thanks.

On 2017-02-09 at 5:30 PM, ChiefSales said:

Richard,

Should the need arise for sharing more than 99 plans, please contact our sales department by phone 208-292-3400 or email sales@chiefarchitect.com  We would need to assess the number of plans you require to determine pricing.

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Sales

Derek, I currently have about 30-40 models , multiples of one design, you only load 4-5 per page, right now it is challenging to find the one I want, having some folders would really help manage these.

David

I have noticed that the clarity of the 360 samples on the Chief website is much better that what I have been able to achieve so far. I just did a test with the Breckenridge plan which I downloaded from Chief and did a Ray Trace. I set it for 2048x1024 @ 300 dpi. I took almost 15 hrs. to do 10 passes (lot's of lighting here) but the end result was disappointing, very blurry. Here's the link: https://accounts.chiefarchitect.com/360/112703207657544

I can try upping the pixel count but that could take all weekend. Can anyone suggest the best settings to use for better resolution?

Eric