I bought a 3D VR Viewer - VR Shinecom.

It works well with the CA cardboard VR viewer setting and my iPhone 5S. One question:

1.  Does anyone know a way to go full screen while in cardboard viewer mode?  I can see the Safari controls for web pages at the bottom and the top tool bar showing the web address.  When I triple tap with three finger and go full screen, the viewer doesn't work properly , 3D is not right

I've read this entire thread. Lots of good information. Here is what I want to do. I have a website where I sell my home designs/house plans. I have static images of my plans both CA Renderings and Actual Photographs. I do want to add the code so my website visitors can see the panos right on my site from my server and not have to redirect to another URL. Any suggestions? Face Book quickly recognizes my panoramas but compresses them so they look terribly fuzzy which I find as unacceptable. 

Just now, Korel_Design said:

I've read this entire thread. Lots of good information. Here is what I want to do. I have a website where I sell my home designs/house plans. I have static images of my plans both CA Renderings and Actual Photographs. I do want to add the code so my website visitors can see the panos right on my site from my server and not have to redirect to another URL. Any suggestions? Face Book quickly recognizes my panoramas but compresses them so they look terribly fuzzy which I find as unacceptable. 

The Chief Architect viewer will always be embedded and hosted from chiefarchitect.com, but it's the easiest way to implement a 360 image.

You can always save the panorama to a separate file and use another viewer of your choice. Under the hood, many of them use either of these two open source versions so you can probably take your pick or just implement the core viewer yourself:

https://pannellum.org/

https://developers.google.com/vr/concepts/vrview

7 hours ago, KirkClemons said:

The Chief Architect viewer will always be embedded and hosted from chiefarchitect.com, but it's the easiest way to implement a 360 image.

You can always save the panorama to a separate file and use another viewer of your choice. Under the hood, many of them use either of these two open source versions so you can probably take your pick or just implement the core viewer yourself:

https://pannellum.org/

https://developers.google.com/vr/concepts/vrview

Kirk i looked at the pannellum and it looks very interesting...you can hook up multiple 360's and go from one to another, also you can add notes to different items in the vr view..i couldnt figure out how to do it..have you?

David

Kirk,

So you're saying that in order to embed either the 360 Pano or 3D Viewer into another site we'd have to use other software?

I'm just wondering as I'd like to work with realtors to get them 3D Viewer files that they could embed into their MLS websites.  The problem is...they're not going to want to change code every time in order to do this.

It would be super cool if there was a way to either copy the link to go to chiefarchitect.com or else select "Embed", and it would copy what was needed to embed it for them.

I guess the more I think about it...they might have to change code anyways...hmmmmm......

16 minutes ago, HamlinBC said:

Kirk,

So you're saying that in order to embed either the 360 Pano or 3D Viewer into another site we'd have to use other software?

I'm just wondering as I'd like to work with realtors to get them 3D Viewer files that they could embed into their MLS websites.  The problem is...they're not going to want to change code every time in order to do this.

It would be super cool if there was a way to either copy the link to go to chiefarchitect.com or else select "Embed", and it would copy what was needed to embed it for them.

I guess the more I think about it...they might have to change code anyways...hmmmmm......

No, that is just what you need to do if you don't want to use the Chief Architect branded viewer on your site. We are working on implementing an [Embed] function which will more than likely be available sometime during the transition from beta to the final release of X9.

So once that is all finished, you will have a quick and simple option of embedding a 360° Panorama or 3D Viewer model in your website using our branded player, or if you want to remove the Chief Architect logo and just display a generic player, or possibly add your own brand, you need to export the models to their own files and upload them to your website and utilize a player of your choosing.

Basically to sum up, if you are technical enough or have a person who is, you can upload the files externally. Or if you would rather take the easy route, you can use our viewer which has our logo on it but is up and running quickly and is hosted on our site.

15 hours ago, dskogg said:

Kirk i looked at the pannellum and it looks very interesting...you can hook up multiple 360's and go from one to another, also you can add notes to different items in the vr view..i couldnt figure out how to do it..have you?

David

I have not tried to implement this on a website yet. (Basically, I don't have one) :D

But according to their documentation, you would need to configure some JavaScript at the bottom of the page. See this example from their site:

https://pannellum.org/documentation/examples/tour/

Particularly the 'hotspots' setting in that code is what seems to allow you to determine the location and target of a hotspot.

I've noticed that the 360 panoramic views are only available in ray-trace mode. I think this would be a great feature to offer to my customers in the other modes (vector, technical drawing, line drawing, etc.) without having to take all the time necessary to do a proper ray-trace. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Eric