The video which descries new rendering features for X9 makes reference to the new 360 spherical rendering which can be viewed with "a new Chief Architect 360 viewer". Also mentioned are Google cardboard glasses which can be used to view the images. Does anyone have any more details on how to obtain the CA 360 viewer or the Google cardboard glasses?

Eric

Once the panorama is rendered, you will need to upload to your Chief Architect "cloud storage" account. If you open the file from there, Google Cardboard is one of the options to view it. Many people sell the Cardboard glasses, which are not a Google product, per se. (They just came up with the spec's. heheh) I use some that I got for $10 from Best Buy, but there are many places online, too.

OK, generated 360 render and ray trace. Got small window with option to view on line.  Great.  Closed out of things and now want to go

back and look at it in "the cloud".  How do I get to it?  Opened manage my account and there is a file from June that I did a 3D file of but I think that is related to something else.  How do I migrate to where the new panoramas are located?

Dennis:

Once you have exported the 360 image to the cloud (File/Export 360 Panoramic to cloud) log into your Chief Arch. acct. and you will see a list of available services at the bottom of the screen. Click on "Manage your 360* Panoramas and you'll see it there, just click on "View". What I have yet to learn is how to limit viewing privileges to only those you want to share it with. Anyone want to chime in on this?

Eric

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that just because it's public doesn't mean that anyone with a pulse can look at it by searching the internet.

The link has to be shared with someone and then they click the link and pull up the Pano.

This is as far as I've gotten with sharing the Pano's...

OK got it.  Didn't see those files the first time??

Now - need a lesson on  viewer.  I don't see the option for Google cardboard

What benefit is that over just viewing direct?  Not really getting it or how they work.

Just to clarify I am just clicking on view and manipulating it in the browser. Can't zoom in

like in some viewers though

I just got this reply fro CA Tech Support on how to share individual 360 images:

"If you "Make Public" the view, you will see the link to "Share" which provides a Direct Link that you can provide to folks to view the Panorama."

I tried it with a sample image and it works like a charm.

Eric

8 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

Because this is not an image, here is what you see:

BathRemo3.jpg

And here is a real jpeg, that it displays.

bath2.jpg

This is really good use of html 5 canvas tags.

Yes i did use the bottom image to upload to facebook but it did not recognize it as a panorama.

Also anybody try the google glass view?  when you send a 360 view link and open it up on your device 

you can move phone around and it is like you are looking at the room..or you can move view with your finger...

but there is also an option to select the vr glass button at bottom and it splits view into two to be used with 

a vr viewer such as google glasses...

When i do this i get double vision...the image still has top and bottom bars so the picture is not filling screen..no way to get rid of them..the view is double vision..not sure if it is because of this but i cant get it to work...

IMG_4804.PNG

If you download the google cardboard app from ios or google store the screen is filled with picture and it works perfectly..

David

• Upvote 1

My surface pro 2 (has U4300) not seem to work as a friends IPhone works. IE move it and it reacts............

I get just a stuck picture......even docked at office, looking from account............

Is it a setting on surface, missing?

Has anyone viewed these on phone, surface, IPad, or any others devices yet?

• 2 weeks later...

The step-by-step:

1. Open a full camera somewhere in your model.
  2. Select 3D> Camera View Options from the menu and turn on any features you want to see(edge smoothing while idle, shadows, reflections, etc.)
    3d-menu.png

3. Select File> Export> Export 360° Panorama.
    export-menu.png

4. Select a Width, Height, and whether or not to save to the cloud or to your hard drive. If you choose the cloud, you will be prompted to enter your login credentials for your Chief Architect account.
    export-360.png

* If you want to export a ray traced view, you need to choose 360 panorama from the ray trace options.
    ray-trace-options.png

5. Once the export is finished, you can visit your online account to preview or share the panorama which can be viewed in any browser:
    https://accounts.chiefarchitect.com/360/914375142142347

• Upvote 2