Laptop Update / Specs

RobUSMC

Just an update.  A few weeks ago, I had asked for input about a couple machines and of course got a wide array of input. I gave my laptop to a design intern for school and needed to buy a new one.  I usually only use a laptop when going to client’s homes and doing a design review meeting and not as my main system.  ANYWAY.... The new laptop arrived a few days ago. All has been loaded with X-8 with my full libraries and I think it will work fine for my needs.  I think it would actually be fine as someone’s main machine. I’ve ran it through several plans with no issues. I opened a fairly large plan and selected a view to Raytrace and it had completed its first pass in 21 seconds.  Right now it is on pass 54 and we are just under 15 mins. I wanted to give the specs so if anyone is looking into a new and a little less expensive machine. With a military discount from Dell it was just under $900.  Maybe this will help someone.

Dell Inspiron 15 7559, I7-6700HQ @ 2.60,  1 TB SSHD, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB

3 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

Just an update.  A few weeks ago, I had asked for input about a couple machines and of course got a wide array of input. I gave my laptop to a design intern for school and needed to buy a new one.  I usually only use a laptop when going to client’s homes and doing a design review meeting and not as my main system.  ANYWAY.... The new laptop arrived a few days ago. All has been loaded with X-8 with my full libraries and I think it will work fine for my needs.  I think it would actually be fine as someone’s main machine. I’ve ran it through several plans with no issues. I opened a fairly large plan and selected a view to Raytrace and it had completed its first pass in 21 seconds.  Right now it is on pass 54 and we are just under 15 mins. I wanted to give the specs so if anyone is looking into a new and a little less expensive machine. With a military discount from Dell it was just under $900.  Maybe this will help someone.

Dell Inspiron 15 7559, I7-6700HQ @ 2.60,  1 TB SSHD, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB

Thanks Rob - that looks pretty sweet.