X9 stability

Ridge_Runner

Are you guys who have been running X9 finding it stable so far? I usually wait before I download any new version but there are some things in this version I really like and would like to start using it. I just don't want to start any new projects in X9 and find it is buggy. Too much work to redo in X8. This is just the same old question always asked by someone with each new version.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Guys, been a while since I posted but that is not quite correct,

I have SSA but it is not valid to Feb 15th so I can't get the Beta,

so I asked yesterday to try it before renewing as it seems my $500

didn't get me much last year, but I was told no.

So I am here reading X9 posts to see if it is worth SSA this year,

since I am not a full-time Chiefer , but hoping to spend more time

using it again this year now I will be working back in Town.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Hi Guys, been a while since I posted but that is not quite correct,

I have SSA but it is not valid to Feb 15th so I can't get the Beta,

so I asked yesterday to try it before renewing as it seems my $500

didn't get me much last year, but I was told no.

So I am here reading X9 posts to see if it is worth SSA this year,

since I am not a full-time Chiefer , but hoping to spend more time

using it again this year now I will be working back in Town.

Thanks.

If you did not like the last release,  I think the latest release is even less exciting....  so don't waste your  money if you are not a full time user.

4 minutes ago, dshall said:

If you did not like the last release,  I think the latest release is even less exciting....  so don't waste your  money if you are not a full time user.

I liked the X7 to X8  new Features but I haven't heard much about the X9 beta and it new Features etc

due to the NDA  and had hoped for more info before my renewal this week.

As a Contractor who does most of his own Drawings , I was hoping the Materials List had been updated/easier to use and working correctly

and that the common bugbear of Stairs had been somewhat made better.

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I liked the X7 to X8  new Features but I haven't heard much about the X9 beta and it new Features etc

due to the NDA  and had hoped for more info before my renewal this week.

As a Contractor who does most of his own Drawings , I was hoping the Materials List had been updated/easier to use and working correctly

and that the common bugbear of Stairs had been somewhat made better.

Now that you are being more specific....... 

I do not believe the materials list has been improved....  

they did spend time on the stairs,  but I do not think there has been a super increase in the usability of the stairs and I say that from personal experience and from the input from others.  I will say that some folks think there has been an improvement in the stairs.....  but I do to think it will help me.  

I have already noted the improvements that matter to me and those are the macros that Joe Carrick and Michael the Alaskan have created.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

anyone that has current SSA can download

Nope, unfortunately not true. I am renting the software (auto-renewal every month), so my SSA is valid until 1/28/17 in my case (then it gets renewed). This does disqualify me (and likely everyone that is renting) from using X9 beta. I contacted support, but I'm getting the cold shoulder unfortunately. Would have loved to try out X9. 

I have backed up my installer from X8 and all my libraries and textures including my user libraries, but still haven't downloaded X9B.  Just to be sure, if we do opt to download X9B before the final version of X9 is out, and then upgrade to X9 we don't have to do migration of libraries, files etc again, correct?

Thanks,

3 minutes ago, kzuiderveld said:

Nope, unfortunately not true. I am renting the software (auto-renewal every month), so my SSA is valid until 1/28/17 in my case (then it gets renewed). This does disqualify me (and likely everyone that is renting) from using X9 beta. I contacted support, but I'm getting the cold shoulder unfortunately. Would have loved to try out X9. 

You may be right about X9Beta, not sure.

I rented CA to own, including the SSA and with each update received a notice in my digital locker I had the next update waiting.  I never contacted CA sales or tech via phone or email that they "gave me the cold shoulder" so I don't know what is going on with your situation.   I was told as long as I kept paying (auto renewal each month) my monthly rental I had full access like everyone that had purchased CA out right.  Mine is paid off now, and nothing has changed and I will be renewing my SSA again this year when it is due.

1 minute ago, Evolution said:

Mine is paid off now.

So you're owning X8 outright, which is different - your SSA is likely valid until after 2/15/17. I just started the rental, so I'll be auto-renewing every month until it's paid off (or if I cancel, which is not unlikely as I'm a DIY). The cut-off date for X9B access is SSA valid until 2/15/17, while my monthly SSA is valid until 1/28/17. I presume I'll get access to X9B on 1/28/17 after monthly renewal (SSA then expires on 2/28/17) , but I'd like to have X9B now instead... It's pretty frustrating to be a paying customer of CA, but being denied access to X9B (for now). 

15 minutes ago, kzuiderveld said:

Same response I got unfortunately since my SSA is not valid to Feb 15th 2017.

I asked about paying for 6 months SSA too so my SSA doesn't fall at Xmas with all the other Holidays Bills

and then Pay for the Yearly Renewal in July again but they won't allow that either.....

49 minutes ago, kzuiderveld said:

So you're owning X8 outright, which is different - your SSA is likely valid until after 2/15/17. I just started the rental, so I'll be auto-renewing every month until it's paid off (or if I cancel, which is not unlikely as I'm a DIY). The cut-off date for X9B access is SSA valid until 2/15/17, while my monthly SSA is valid until 1/28/17. I presume I'll get access to X9B on 1/28/17 after monthly renewal (SSA then expires on 2/28/17) , but I'd like to have X9B now instead... It's pretty frustrating to be a paying customer of CA, but being denied access to X9B (for now). 

Sorry for our inconvenience. My yearly SSA renews 1/30/2017........ Every thing I hear is good about X9B, but will like you have to wait for my renewal, to clear CA bank account........... So until then I just get to feel, really, really dirty, and less than current SSA user of CA.............. got a lot of pay up yesterday from others on line,,,,,,,, accusing me of wanting something for nothing............ So I'll just feel really, really dirty.................

Hang in there.

1 minute ago, OkcDesigner said:

Sorry for our inconvenience.  So I'll just feel really, really dirty.................

I expressed my frustration to support to be treated like a second-class customer, but it's their choice. Hope they will change their stance.