cross section callout

capitaldesigns

Is there away to have the cross section callout only show up on the framing plan and foundation plans and not the floor plan ?

The problem I am having is the floor plans has several strings of dimensions so I have to pull the section bubble out further away

from the floor plan. I do not add dimension to my framing plan so the section bubble are to far away from the plan. So either I would

like to not show the section bubbles on the floor plan or have the ability to locate the section bubble out further on the floor plan and

in further on the framing and foundation plans.

Also is there a way not to have the line between the two section bubbles be continuous across from one bubble to the other ?

I like that line to only be 1" to 2" long. I do not like a lot of lines crossing over the framing plans since there is so many other line

representing rafters, F.J., C.J., beams, drag struts, etc.  

Thanks,

Mike

I just tried that. I created a layer called "section bubble floor plan" . I then clicked on the section bubble in the plan and in

the DBX I changed its layer to my new layer. I then turned off that layer and the section bubble still appears on the floor plan.

I Have the new layer turned on in the framing layer set and turned off in the floor plan set.

You can use a different layerset for each plan and turn off cameras where you don't want them displayed.(As already stated)

I have not gone to the effort to do this but understand your problem and think it may be possible to create another section camera on another layer ( Camera B ) and give it the same name as the original one, placing it in the same position and have a different spread on the two cameras and keep it live or do not bother to send it to layout but just use it as a display in plan view.

As for the connection line it's style can be changed or the blank linestyle could be used and a short cad tail added to the callout.

Also the cameras will display if the view is open unless you uncheck it in Plan Defaults > General Camera > Plan Display > "Always Display Active Cameras"

Quikie test plan attached

X8 Callouts for Mike.plan

The problem I am having this section bubble on the floor plan needs to be further away floor the floor plan

because I have several strings of dimensions. When it comes to the framing plan I need them to be closer

to the plan since I do not add dimensions to the framing plan.

The project I am currently working on is a one story addition. I called out the back clipped cross section

on the floor plan. So the section bubble shows up on the floor plan and framing plan. When I go down the

foundation plan I see that the section bubble does not appear. How do I get the section bubble to show up

on the foundation plan?

Thanks,

Mike