Ray trace help needed...

dskogg

Hi chiefers..i am trying to raytrace this reno to get it close to the final renovation picture for promotional purposes.

Here is the file and the after pic...anyone have any suggestions or want to try i would be most thankful.

Ceiling is way too dark and i dont have a very good stainless steel texture it seems..

David

ray trace general panel.JPG

rt lighting panel.JPG

Dargewitcz reno 1.1vr.zip

darg final reno.JPG

darg v2.0 rt 1.jpg

darg v2.0 rt.jpg

Add light source on floor of Kitchen make them spotsand change material attributes of the stainless... one of the Raytraces looks decent. Try computing caustics on the next one. Do you do post production work in Adobe Photoshop if your not ,you might want to think about it. Going to print I find its a must.

David 

You need to have "Photon Mapping" turned "ON" to get those predefined metals to show properly. Also, under "Image Properties" the brightness was set to high and the contrast and intensity needed to be adjusted. Here is my Raytrace after making these changes, did not have all of your textures so some items are off.

Untitled 2.jpg

Graham

thanks Graham for taking a look...here is one i did yesterday with caustics on..i also made the ceiling emissive to brighten it up...

not sure if i need this with caustics?  My ray trace seems very washed out...

darg 4.jpgdarg 5.jpg

Here is the actual reno and my raytrace...

David

David - The Ambient Occlusion functions a bit like a shadow/highlight adjuster and should help in creating a crisper look. You may also find that when using this the ceiling will also brighten up. This may allow you to reduce the emissivity of your ceiling material which will also help in making things a bit more crisp. The Caustics really only effects how light refracts when passing through a transparent object such as the island pendants, the effect in your plan would be minimal so turning this off is not likely going to be detrimental. One thing I noticed is that there appears to be a pinkish cast showing up on the sink and stove front, suspect this is coming from the polished floor, you may need to adjust the floors polished material settings or try some of the other metals to see if this effect can be eliminated.

Graham

Hi Dennis..you are right...too reflective..the actual floor has a low sheen...if its too reflective you loose what is going on as in my rendering...

Cheers.

Graham i noticed the pinkish hue...i will try that as well.

David