Floor truss displays at incorrect height on cross section

jlctspaces

Hello,

I am a beginner using Chief X8 and its got me stumped.  The plan I am working on is a rambler with a basement and 18" floor trusses.  When I add a floor truss to the plan and open a cross section the truss displays at the wrong height.  The top of the truss is flush with the top of the subfloor plywood and there is a gap between the bottom of the truss and the drywall.  If I change the truss to an I joist it displays at the correct height.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Josh C.

Just guessing without seeing the plan but you may have adjusted some settings after building the floor truss. If that is a possibility then select a truss and open it and force it to rebuild and see if anything changes in your elevation view.

Okay, I can't figure this out.  I have attached a pdf cad drawing of what I actually want and the plan that I am working on.  The plan is a bit of a mess right now since I have been trying so many different things.  I tried a simple sample plan to accomplish what I want and that didn't work for me either.  What am I doing wrong here?  I cannot for the life of me get the floor trusses display at the correct height.  If I change to joists its fine but the top of the floor truss keeps displaying level with the top of subfloor.

Thanks  

Suerer cross section 1:14.pdf

Suerer_Bath_towards_front_Concept_auto_save.plan

Look at the strange behavior I get when I draw a floor truss in your plan.

While the image of the truss seems to be rectilinear (and at the incorrect elevation), the envelope of truss is skewed when selected, with a correct top elevation underneath the wall, but skewing to 3/4" high out in the floor area.

Someone more talented than me is going to have to analyze where you went wrong in drawing this thing.  I cannot replicate your result starting with a simple plan.

2017-01-14_1124.png

Still can't figure it out it.  I did transform/replicate to lower it and I got it to work once.  Now when I try to lower it it just skews the envelope of the truss even more.  The actual truss isn't affected though.  The attached screen shot is after I tried to lower it by 1' for an example.  

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.03.05 PM.png