Library Management Nightmare

RobUSMC

I am having issues when exporting my user library so I can share with my laptop.  When I export I get a box showing a whole list of missing files. (100+)  Most I have no idea what symbols they may go to.  Several are .jpg files.  Some so missing but when I do a manual search I have found a few such as a Caeserstone material. Several of the same exact missing file name

It seems one of the issues may be??? When I  have imported symbols from 3D Warehouse several materials are not imported and not sure the best way to resolve this so not to have all the "unnamed" materials or material names that cant be located with a library search.  I have attached a few examples of symbols with this issue. I have found that alot of the appliances that I have imported have missing materials when I open the symbol.

I have never had this issue before BUT until X-8 we have never had the option to export the entire library at once.

Thanks for any help

Missing 11.JPG

Component Material.JPG

Missing 1.JPG

Missing 5.JPG

A follow up on the missing files...  I just noticed the File Path and it is from X1, X2, X3, X4 versions that I haven't had on my PC in years. I dont know why its still looking for the files during the export and Im not sure how to fix it.  Attached is a screen shot.  Maybe someone has an idea.  Thanks

Missing 12.JPG

I've replaced missing textures with just a color that is easy to see like pink. Then changed it later. That was opening old 3D views though.  Don't remember if you can select all in that dbx. I've also just deleted them. Now I replace al textures when importing SU models. 

I thought about doing something like that. It does give to an option to replace the texture but there are 100's on the list.  It does give the option to delete.  Too bad you cant select all and change

On 1/4/2017 at 7:57 PM, MarkMc said:

I've replaced missing textures with just a color that is easy to see like pink. Then changed it later. That was opening old 3D views though.  Don't remember if you can select all in that dbx. I've also just deleted them. Now I replace al textures when importing SU models. 

Mark, I was able to go thru and multi select parts of the list so it only took about an 1/2 hr. but I changed all those old / unknown textures to a bright pink from the core library and it cleared the list.  Since I have seen a few materials on items with that pink in them. The majority were appliances (GE, KitchenAid) from 3D WH, Kohler fixtures that I had downloaded a few years back and Brizo / Delta faucets from 3D WH.  Now since Kohler is part of the MFG libraries Ive been able to delete all those old symbols. Still have some of the Brizo / Delta / KitchenAid since CA doesn't have them and we use alot of their products.  The library is not perfect but much better.  Thanks Again

• 1 year later...

Delta's and Brizo's catalogs are now available for download from the 3D Library!

It appears that we don't have the complete catalog from Delta (it primarily contains faucets), but we hope to have access to the entire product line in a future update.

A GE catalog is currently in development. We hope to be able to share it with you soon!