Piers inside crawlspace

Rick396

Hi guys, i am a newbie to this software (Home Designer Pro 2016) and i am trying to place piers on my foundation plan. I have spent time searching it out but I cant figure how to make piers above grade and also that are not under walls show on my foundation plan. The piers will support the interior girders. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance, Rick

Thanks Johnny. It appears i have purchased a lesser version than i thought and may need to upgrade. Will the premier allow the freely placed footings to show a 8x16 or 12x16 cmu in lieu of a post?, or if not, maybe just be able to make the post that size as needed? Also i build pier and curtain walls on a regular basis with a crawlspace, will premier allow that as well? Thanks again, Rick

51 minutes ago, Rick396 said:

Thanks Johnny. It appears i have purchased a lesser version than i thought and may need to upgrade. Will the premier allow the freely placed footings to show a 8x16 or 12x16 cmu in lieu of a post?, or if not, maybe just be able to make the post that size as needed? Also i build pier and curtain walls on a regular basis with a crawlspace, will premier allow that as well? Thanks again, Rick

Yes, Premier allows you to do what you are looking for - but I didn't mean to imply I knew HomeDesigner doesn't.  HomeDesigner may do that too, I just dont know.  David is a good forum contributor for both apps and hopefuly he sees this thread and can comment.

If you plan to do serious modeling and construction doc work then you should get Premier - its well worth it, and on sale right now.  Chief also has a "rent to own" program available as well, but I think the sale they have going is probably the best deal.