Designjet compatibility with windows 10

Bross765

OK so I upgraded to Chief X8. Have HP Pavilion G7Windows 7 Intel HD integrated graphics not strong enough to show materials such as roofing, siding, brick  in Elevation or perspective views. My drivers for Intel HD graphics are as updated as they will get. 2012. The min. requirement for chief x8 for Intel integrated graphics is 2014. When I send these views to layout sheets materials show up fine. Not very handy when trying to show clients 3D views. I'm thinking of getting new computer with a much better graphics card, problem is most new computers run Windows 10 O.S. Windows 10 is not compatible with my Designjet 430 printer. didn't know if anyone has experienced a similar problem and if so did you find a work around. I suppose I could print my layouts with PDF printer and send them to my Windows 7 Computer and print from there. Still not real handy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

14 hours ago, chief58 said:

Check out Win Line Classic, when I had trouble with my hp500 this was suggested and I got it to work with there drivers, http://www.winline.com/eval.html,wit shows that it will work with you designjet 430

VERY interesting. My old HP110plus has no Win 10 drivers but will print to PDF just fine. Might be worth the investment to get Win 10 printing back for the 110plus.

I have a HP 755 CM. I had the same problem with Win 7 - no driver. I tried downloading several different drivers that supposedly worked. Never could get mine to work. Win 7 would send the print job, but it was as if it would get hung up in the print cue and never get released. I resorted to saving to PDF first (one of the greatest things I could of done) and printing the file from a laptop I had; still doing it that way. Not that much of a hassle.

and printing the file from a laptop

Mike:

Why print from the laptop ???

my understanding is if the printer is connected but has driver issues

print to PDF then send PDF to printer and it should work

the drivers for PDF are much simpler and doing this avoids the "real driver" issues

Lew

Lew, I stumbled onto something that worked on one computer and not the other. For some reason, my desktop, running Win 7 Pro, would not work thru the USB to Parallel connector to the plotter. My laptop, with the same setup except running Win 7 Home Edition, worked just fine. I could never determine what the difference was. Both had the same generic driver that was touted as a solution. I was just too busy at the time to dig further (and still am, thankfully).